VIA Announces NSD7200 Home and Media Server
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its entry into the design manufacturing service business to offer provide flexible system hardware solutions, starting with the new VIA NSD7200 home storage and media server.
Building on its success as a pioneer of system level innovation in small form factor and IPC markets, VIA can provide OEM and ODM customers with customized versions of home and SOHO storage platforms targeting specific markets. By combining energy-efficient processor platforms and high quality chassis designs with a full design manufacturing service and comprehensive engineering support, VIA enables customers to more accurately address the needs of system integrators and retailers by speeding up product cycles and reducing production costs.
The first product in this strategy is the VIA NSD7200 ultra compact 2-bay storage server, a Microsoft Windows Home Server-compliant server system designed for fast-emerging home and home office usage, including headless storage and media server applications. Flexibility in features and chassis allow OEMs/ODMs to offer unique solutions to a range of customers, from broadband providers and storage specialists to mainstream retail channels.
"VIA is now working more closely with our customers to bring to market unique and original product designs with customizable feature sets," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Our goal is to aggressively leverage our position as a leader in system level integration to help our customers' products stand out in a crowded market."
About the VIA NSD7200
The VIA NSD7200 2-Bay storage server expands the VIA server product portfolio to home, home office and SOHO segments and is available to OEM/ODM customers in a range of configurations and colors. The VIA NSD7200 is Microsoft Windows Home Server compliant and targeted at system integrators interested at new and emerging, ultra-compact server device segments.
Measuring just 13.5cm x 12cm x 26cm (5.3"x 4.7"x 10.2"), the VIA NSD7200 is powered by a 1.5GHz VIA C7-D processor and supports up to 2GB of DDR2 SO-DIMM 667/533MHz system memory. Two Serial ATA bays with integrated power ports are mounted within the case, with a type I Compact Flash socket located discreetly beneath the motherboard for discrete OS installation.
A Gigabit Ethernet port is provided for fast data transfer with optional support for a wireless 802.11 b/g module. Two USB 2.0 ports at the back are supplemented by one port at the front for easy accessibility for USB peripherals such as flash drives or memory card readers.
The VIA NSD7200 supports Microsoft Windows Home Server, Windows XP and Windows Vista, with Linux support including Ubuntu 8.04, SUSE Linux Enterprise and FreeBSD.
The VIA NSD7200 is available to OEM/ODM customers only and is offered in a number of configurations. More information about the VIA NSD7200 is available here.
For more information about VIA's design manufacturing service please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Google hit AI breakthrough that could be huge for self-driving cars
- SanDisk unveils huge 200GB microSD card for Android devices
- Concern in rising number of tax-related scams and cybercrime
- Samsung announces new Gear VR for the new Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge official, with 14nm CPU
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop