AMD Opteron Processor Upgrade Program Drives Faster Time to Benefit in the Data Center
- AMD responds to challenging economic times for solution providers by enabling new revenue opportunities while enhancing end-customer total cost of ownership -
Sunnyvale, Calif. - April 7, 2009- Offering partners and customers another cost-effective way to benefit from the performance and efficiency of AMD OpteronTM processor technology, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced a global AMD Opteron Upgrade Program. The program includes 2000 series and 8000 series dual- and Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors along with the upcoming six-core processor codenamed "Istanbul". Channel partners and customers can receive up to a 35% discount in price ($50 off 2000 series, $100 off 8000 series) by upgrading the generation of their AMD Opteron processor, providing a fast upgrade path to improve performance and energy efficiency within the data center without needing to replace and buy entirely new systems.
"AMD Opteron processors have always provided exceptionally long life cycles and consistent platforms," said John Fruehe, director, Business Development, AMD. "In the current economic environment customers are trying to stretch their IT budgets and to extend the life of their technology investments more than ever, all while improving performance and energy efficiency. This program offers a unique value to our partners and customers, particularly when you consider the enhancements to the 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor and upcoming six-core 'Istanbul' processor."
Cluster and system builders like Rackable Systems and Cray are already seeing immense benefit from this program, with an increased demand for fast and seamless upgrades in the data center that can yield significant performance gains.
For more information on the AMD Opteron Upgrade Program, visit AMD's @Work blog.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card