NVIDIA Extends Performance Lead With New GeForce GTX 275 GPU
New GPU Delivers Unbeatable Price/Performance and Amazing GPU-Accelerated PhysX Effects
What: NVIDIA today announced the GeForce® GTX 275 GPU, the latest addition to NVIDIA's performance GPU lineup, offering first-rate graphics, physics, and GPU computing performance, as well as the absolute best price-performance for today's value-conscious gamers.
Based on the GT200 architecture, the GeForce GTX 275 GPU features 240 processor cores operating at 1404 MHz, 80 texture processing units, a 448-bit memory interface, and an 896 MB framebuffer. In price and performance, it sits between the GeForce GTX 260 and the GeForce GTX 285.
- Highest performing GPU in the $229-$249 price category
- Incorporates NVIDIA PhysX® technology for the most interactive gaming experience
- NVIDIA CUDA® for accelerated desktop applications
- Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision® for immersive stereoscopic gaming
- Ready for Windows 7
- Launches with new GeForce Release 185 software drivers for optimal performance and features, including a new Ambient Occlusion setting
The GeForce GTX 275 is being announced alongside the availability of the new GeForce Power Pack #3, which includes a host of free, new PhysX and CUDA-enabled content for GeForce owners. The Power Pack #3 includes:
- Three new applications that take advantage of PhysX hardware acceleration, including a custom PhysX patch for Ascaron's Sacred 2: Fallen Angel; a never-before-seen demo and benchmark for Star Tales, a highly ambitious social networking game from the acclaimed Chinese developer QWD1; and the source code to the PhysX screensaver for community modding and distribution.
- Two new CUDA-accelerated applications, including MotionDSP vReveal and SETI@home.
When: The GeForce GTX 275 will be available globally on or before April 14, 2009. Some regions are available now; other regions are available for pre-order. Current availability varies by region.
Where: GeForce GTX 275 will be available from the world's leading add-in card partners, including: ASUS, BFG, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision, Leadtek, MSI, Palit, Sparkle, Zotac, PNY, Point of View, and XFX.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20