ArcSoft Launches ArcSoft SimHD, for Upscaling Standard-Definition Files and DVD Videos to Near High-Definition Quality
Utilizes NVIDIA CUDA architecture for exceptional video output while maintaining low CPU consumption
SimHD is a plug-in for ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre high-definition multimedia player. SimHD simply brings most standard-definition video to near high-definition quality by utilizing the NVIDIA® CUDA parallel computing architecture to solve complex calculations in a fraction of the time required on a CPU.
Fremont, California - April 1st, 2009 - ArcSoft, Inc. announced today the retail version of ArcSoft SimHD, a plug-in for ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, its universal high-definition multimedia player. SimHD is ArcSoft's in-house upscaling technology, which simply brings most standard-definition video to near high-definition quality. SimHD performs this video upscaling work by utilizing the NVIDIA® CUDA parallel computing architecture to solve complex calculations in a fraction of the time required on a CPU.
"Our newly released upscaling technology, ArcSoft SimHD, is available now in retail to allow viewers to obtain an HD-like viewing experience on the PC from the existing standard DVDs," said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "The partnership with NVIDIA is an important step for us in delivering such an extraordinary experience to users with extremely sufficient power usage."
TotalMedia Theatre takes advantage of the powerful graphics processing unit (GPU) in today's PCs by using the NVIDIA CUDA architecture to provide sufficient power for SimHD's intensive post processing algorithms. NVIDIA GPUs are the only processors that can process these sophisticated algorithms in real time. The application is compatible with millions of NVIDIA GPUs from the GeForce 8 Series onwards, including GeForce® and Quadro® processing units line.
"What a great way to upgrade your existing library of DVDs! All you need is TotalMedia Theatre and an NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and you can instantly turn your movies into near-HD quality," said Michael Steele, General Manager of Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA. "ArcSoft SimHD is another great example of how GPU computing is changing the world and providing consumers with real value."
TotalMedia Theatre with SimHD technology is currently available as a TotalMedia Theatre plug-in for end users. For more information about the product, please visit http://www.arcsoft.com/intouch/simhd_totalmedia3_nvidia.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA), is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook