HighPoint Technologies Announces Industry's First 4 Channel Cost Effective SAS Hardware RAID Controller with Intel® Inside
Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, is announcing the RocketRAID 4310 as a new member to the RocketRAID 4300 series of SAS Hardware RAID Controllers - with Intel Inside - featuring the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor to deliver SAS performance, expandability and SATA compatibility.
Hardware RAID Controller
The cost effective RocketRAID 4310 is a PCI-Express x8 SAS RAID controller with Intel Inside IOP348 processor and 256MB of DDR-II memory. A single internal SFF-8087 connector supports up to 4 SAS/SATA hard drives or up to 128 devices through SAS expanders.
The RocketRAID 4310 with SAS 15K-RPM hard drives are ideal for workstations, CAD/CAM systems. SAS hard drives offer unrivaled performance, reliability and innovation for these applications.. SAS provides the highest sequential and IOPS performance offering lasting value ensuring systems can keep up with growing performance needs over a longer period of time.
SAS can expand to 128 devices (SAS/SATA) devices. As more SATA drives and SAS RAID backplanes are added to a storage enclosure, SAS expanders on those backplanes can seamlessly cascaded together. Requiring only a minimal number of ports on the HBA, and with more ports available on the expanders.
SATA Hard Drive Compatibility
Connectivity for multiple device types lowers TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), gives flexibility to specify best drive for intended use: SAS for transactional/online performance and reliability, SATA for bulk storage and backup/restore duties.
The SAS/SATA value proposition is simple: SAS hard drives deliver the speed, reliability and scalability demanded in high availability enterprise environments, while high-capacity SATA drives are ideal for bulk storage applications with low cost per GB capacity.
HighPoint Technologies, long recognized as a leader in mass storage technologies specializes in the design and manufacturer of HBA (Host Bus Adapters) and HighPoint RAID IP (Intellectual Property). HighPoint provides a broad range of scalable hardware HBA's that meet the storage requirements of all customer types from Enterprise to SMB (Small Medium Sized Business) to PC enthusiast. For more information visit http://www.highpoint-tech.com.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A official: 16MP camera and low price
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience