Pretec Extends Dual-battery SRAM PC Card to 16MB
San Jose, California March 31st, 2009 £ Pretec, one of the earliest pioneer to offer SRAM PCMCIA card (PC Card) since 1993 and the creator of MIDE (Mini-IDE, or Disk-On-Module), the smallest form factor of IDE flash disk in the world since 1997, continues its tradition to support long term industrial customers by unveiling today the dual-battery 16MB SRAM PC card, at the Embedded Systems Conference 2009 (CFA Booth # 2220) in San Jose, California.
The dual-battery SRAM PC card is a long-running line of Pretec¡¯s SSD product since 1993, compatible with those SRAM PC cards from Seiko Epson, Mitsubishi Electric, and Panasonic, Pretec dual-battery SRAM PC cards includes one large capacity replaceable main battery and a small rechargeable battery for retaining the power while the main battery is being replaced. With capacity ranging from 256KB to 16MB, Pretec has the longest supply history and is the largest volume manufacturer in the category of dual-battery SRAM PC card in the world today. 16MB SRAM PC card is the natural extension of Pretec¡¯s dual-battery SRAM PC Card product line, to be the largest capacity of SRAM PC Card in the world today. Exact 2KB or 8KB attribute memory are also available upon request for customer¡¯s special applications. Sampling will start from end of April.
Compliant with the PCMICA/JEIDA industry standard specifications, Pretec SRAM PC Card has the features of high speed and endurable read/write, together with byte-programmable, easy interface and programming, it has been adopted by thousands of embedded and/or industrial applications all over the world. Complemented by the new Pretec single Rechargeable-battery SRAM PC card which was released at Embedded World earlier this month at Nuremberg Germany, Pretec now is the only company in the world offering both single rechargeable and dual-battery SRAM PC Cards.
Pretec¢â (http://www.pretec.com) offers a complete spectrum of small form factor memory cards and card readers such as CF, SD/MMC, USB Flash Drive, and wireless communication devices for digital imaging, mobile communication, and industrial flash markets. As the 2nd company in the world to offer CF cards since 1995 and the company to create CF I/O and SD I/O cards since 1998, Pretec has consistently demonstrated the highest capacity flash cards in the world: such as CF 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 16GB, 24GB, 48GB, 64GB, 100GB and SD 4GB, SDHC 8GB 16GB 32GB; the fastest flash card in the world: such as CF 433X/666X, SD 166X, SDXC 32GB, USB 166X, and SSD (IDE/SATA) 400X. With more than 200 patents granted or filed, Pretec has also been offering the smallest USB flash drive in the world with unique technology: such as i-Disk Tiny (¡°Best Gear of 2003¡± by TIME Magazine) and i-Disk Diamond; the most reliable flash card in the world: such as rugged PCMCIA, rugged CF card, and i-Disk Bulletproof, a water-proof, fire-proof, and bullet-proof USB flash drive.
*For more information, please visit pretec.com
*Note: i-Disk, i-Disk Tiny, i-Disk Diamond and i-Disk Bulletproof are trademarks
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives