AOC releases the World Slimmest WLED Monitor
The Verfino series, a demonstration of AOC advancing in display technologies with green credentials.
Sydney Australia, March 31 2009 - AOC, the brand owned by the world's largest display manufacturer, unveils the Verfino series, the world's slimmest WLED monitor. Boasting a thickness of just 18.5mm, it is targeted at a new breed of discerning home and business users who pursue cutting edge designs to match their modern outlook while being conscious about the environment. AOC's Verfino V22, 22-inch widescreen model, will be available in Australia from April 15, 2009.
The World's Slimmest WLED Monitor Just Looks Better
Just when you thought that modern LCD monitors are slim, look again. AOC's Verfino series is unprecedented in ultra-slim monitor design. The Verfino V22 achieves a thickness of a mere 18.5mm making the standard LCD monitor look boxy. The Verfino series perfectly matches the modern desktop at home or office with its sleek lines, piano black finish that is framed in high gloss translucent duco and a touch of red to accentuate its elegance. The base even goes beyond your plastic monitor stand, the Verfino series comes with a classy toughened glass resembling a wine glass base. Nothing is overlooked.
Slim Means Green
The Verfino V22 uses WLED technology. Compared to the normal LCD Monitors, WLED backlight displays are mercury free. Mercury free displays contribute to greener computing and fast becoming a requirement for environmental protection in many countries. WLED backlighting used in the Verfino V22 also boasts a reduction in power consumption of up to 20% making it ideal for homes and businesses who want to save on electricity bills as well as doing their part for the environment. Adding to the Verfino's green credentials is the lengths AOC has achieved to reduce wastage in packaging and shipping. The detachable base and the ultra-slim body can be packed into a mere 116 mm in thickness carton and is protected by 100% recycled pulp mold (similar materials used in egg cartons) instead of foam. The result is a more green and efficient shipping of AOC Verfino monitors worldwide.
The Verfino's Multimedia Versatility
The Verfino V22 comes with and HDMI input plus built in speakers. This allows for pure High Definition viewing and interconnectvitiy with HD devices such as Blu-ray, XBox 360 or PS3. The Verfino series also comes with built-in 1.3MP Webcam and a digital microphone! Video conferencing or fun web cam expressions is now a breeze without the clutter of extra wires and cables. Insired by the mobile phone, AOC' trademark the navigation button is now more intuitative making configuration seamless ergonomic. As an alternative, users can also install the configuration software on your PC to allow adjustments to be done on the screen .
Summary of Features
- 21.6"W Viewable Image Size
- HDMI and VGA Inputs Resolution: 1680 x 1050
- Response Time: 2ms (GTG)
- Built-in Speakers
- Built-in Webcam and Microphone
- Brightness: 280 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1 (DCR)
- HDCP compatible
Model: Verfino V22
RRP: AU $449
Australian Distributors: Compucon Computers and Todaytech Distribution
Availability: April 15 2009
AOC is owned by the world's largest display manufacturer TPV Technology Limited (TPV). TPV sold over 47.6 million units computer monitors in 2008, which represents 28.5% global market share of computer monitors. With dedicated research and development, AOC today offers a wide range of top performing monitors and displays. In 2008 alone, AOC shipped 8.4 million units of PC monitor and TV products, representing an annual growth of 20.8%. AOC achieved impressive sales performance in Asia Pacific & South America. AOC market share increased 2.1% from 12.2% in Y2007 to 14.3% in Y2008, which IDC AP ranked AOC second in volume in Asia Pacific (ex. Japan) (Source: IDC AP non-bundled PC Monitor Tracker Q4 2008).
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications