Game company Remedy Entertainment Ltd. announced financial results for its fiscal year 2016 with a revenue of 16.4 million Euro, a year-on-year revenue growth of 19.4% and an operating profit of 3.9 million Euro. Remedy's outstanding performance during the fiscal year was fueled by the release of Quantum Break in spring 2016 and the revenues generated by Remedy's existing game portfolio.
Company board of directors joined by Jussi Laakkonen (Unity) and Henri Osterlund (Accendo). Remedy bringing its technology to PlayStation 4 consoles.
Remedy bases its long-term growth on the ability to create games and game brands that offer unique experiences with stunning visuals. Created exclusively for Microsoft, Quantum Break was the biggest entertainment production to come out of Finland at the time of its release.
Currently Remedy is developing a sequel to one of the most popular games in the world in cooperation with the Korean publisher Smilegate, whose long-time success CrossFire gathers 650 million registered users and over one billion dollar yearly revenues.
Remedy is also working on a game project codenamed P7. The company's strategy is to release the game on a wider range of platforms, which is why Remedy is developing its Northlight technology also for PlayStation 4 consoles.
The company general meeting on 04.04.2017 appointed new members to Remedy board of directors, including Jussi Laakkonen (CEO of Unity Technologies Finland Oy) and Henri Osterlund (the founder of investment company Accendo Capital). Continuing on the board are Christian Fredrikson (CEO of Fingerprint Cards), Ossi Pohjola (board professional) and Markus Maki (co-founder of Remedy).
Remedy CEO Tero Virtala comments: "Over 20 years on the top of the global gaming industry is a great milestone achieved only by few other independent game companies. Our new board members bring solid experience from both gaming and financial industries and help us in executing Remedy's growth strategy and to succeed also in the future."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4