For more than a decade, IFMCA award-winning composer Olivier Deriviere (Remember Me, Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry) has been scoring music for animation, films, and video games and is widely acclaimed for both his composition and innovative approaches to connecting music with the game experience.
"Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil" Takes Musical Immersion in Games to New Level with Innovative Interactive Music 2.0 Techniques and 3D Audio Tech
Hailed by MTV as "Game Music's Eclectic Daredevil," Olivier Deriviere's latest work can be seen in the psychological thriller game GET EVEN, developed by Polish studio The Farm 51 and published by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. Deriviere is once again challenging industry conventions and enhancing players' interactive experience through his music.
To fully immerse players in the center of the game's multi-dimensional story, Deriviere created a visceral and emotional musical score - rendered in real-time within the game's engine - that infuses sound sources from the game's environments and reacts directly to the actions of the player.
"Through the use of real-time MIDI, live musicians recorded in ambisonics, and other audio tricks, the gaming environment itself is now an orchestra waiting to be conducted, and everything in it is a potential instrument," says Deriviere.
An intense and genre-defying musical journey combining organic electronic music and a live orchestra, recorded and mixed in 3D audio with the Brussels Philharmonic at Galaxy Studios, Belgium, Deriviere's score conveys a vast spectrum of emotions whereby all the music is connected directly to the meaning of the game.
Driven by his passion to provide players with a unique musical experience that truly reflects the game, both musically and directly in sync with the gameplay itself, Deriviere continues to innovate and enhance players' interactive experience within GET EVEN through music.
See Olivier Deriviere working with the Brussels Philharmonic Orchestra and get an understanding of how Auro-3D technology is used in this new GET EVEN video, ready for embedding here:
GET EVEN will be launching in the Americas for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM on May 26, 2017.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- FF14: Stormblood's job level-up potions cost $25
- LG announces rugged smartphone - X Venture
- Destiny 2 replaces major subclasses and abilities
- Far Cry 5 isn't a Western, set in modern day Montana
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning