Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC) today announces that Toshiba, a committed technology leader, was the fastest growing vendor in both the worldwide $25 billion hard disk drive (HDD) segment, as well as in the $17 billion solid state drive (SSD) segment in 2016 over 2015, as measured by revenue and units. These accolades were recognized in two recent IDC reports: "Worldwide Solid State Storage Quarterly Update, CY 4Q16 2 " and "Worldwide 4Q16 HDD Shipment Results and Four-Quarter Forecast Update 3 ."
Toshiba's broad HDD and SSD portfolio enabled them to participate in nearly all market segments for storage devices, a key factor that helped to underpin Toshiba'ss strong year-over-year revenue growth in CY2016; according to John Rydning and Jeff Janukowicz, research vice presidents at IDC. "With successful launches of new HDD and SSD products over the next few quarters to address demand from cloud service providers and the traditional IT market, Toshiba should be well positioned to sustain further HDD and SSD revenue growth in 2017".
In the HDD segment, Toshiba's unit market share increased by 9 percentage points in the fourth quarter 2016, reaching a total market share of 24 percent, a 60 percent increase from the second quarter 2015 share of 15 percent. Toshiba was the only HDD vendor to grow in total revenue in 2016 and increase revenue share in every product segment including mobile, desktop, performance-optimized enterprise and capacity-optimized enterprise for the year. The SSD business also realized strong growth. Toshiba grew SSD revenue 114% year over year in 2016, reaching the fourth share position in the market.
"The rapid growth we achieved across both our HDD and SSD portfolios is a result of the trust our customers have in the Americas and worldwide Toshiba teams to provide a broad array of products that help them scale quickly and remain competitive in a fast-paced environment," said Steve Fingerhut, senior vice president and general manager, SSD and HDD business units at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. "These results are just the beginning as we will continue to roll out innovative storage products that enable the rapid data growth required by Client, Cloud Datacenter and Enterprise applications."
As a global technology company that has been innovating in storage for years, Toshiba offers a comprehensive portfolio of HDD and SSD products that address the storage needs of enterprise, datacenter, and client markets. The company solves customer challenges with innovative HDD models focusing on four primary market segments: The AL Series focuses on the Enterprise Performance segment; the MG Series is aimed at Enterprise Capacity and Data Center needs; the MQ Series covers the broad spectrum of use cases that require Mobile Client HDDs; and the DT Series addresses the traditional Desktop Client use case. Toshiba's SSD solutions also span multiple market segments and include the PX Series of SAS SSDs, which provide excellent performance and capacity for enterprise and hyper-converged environments; the ZD6300 Series, which is the highest 4 capacity, native dual port Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe 5) SSD at 7.68TB 6 in a 2.5 inch form factor; and the BG series, which is the smallest 7 multi-lane Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe ) NVMe SSD in production designed for client drive and server boot drive applications.
For more information on Toshiba's line of storage product, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/us/product/storage- products.html. To learn more about Toshiba's storage solutions visit the storage blog atÃƒÆ',Ãƒ,Ã,Â http://storage.toshiba.com/corporateblog/ÃƒÆ',Ãƒ,Ã,Â and follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017