Today, SQUARE ENIX announced that it has been awarded with three brand new Guinness World Records achievements for records set by games within the FINAL FANTASY series. The awards were presented on stage during the European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival event held in Frankfurt.
Awards presented live from the European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival
FINAL FANTASY was awarded for being the "most prolific role playing game series". As of 15th February 2017, the FINAL FANTASY name has adorned 87 different RPG titles.
Naoki Yoshida's celebrated MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), FINAL FANTASY XIV, received two specific Guinness World Records titles: the first - "longest end credits in an MMO game" - is in recognition of the 1 hour 38 minute length of the end credits of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (2013). While credits typically contain the names of everyone involved with the creation of a game, the credits to A Realm Reborn also contain the names of players of the original FINAL FANTASY XIV (2010) as a sign of appreciation from the development team for their support.
FINAL FANTASY XIV also received the record for the "most original pieces of music in a videogame (including expansions) achieved by FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn ". The game features 384 individual pieces of music recorded specifically for the game. This can be broken down as 280 pieces for the main game (Ver 2.0~2.55) and 104 from the 2015 expansion Heavensward (Ver 3.0~3.45).
Both Naoki Yoshida (Producer and Director) and Masayoshi Soken (Sound Director and Composer) were present on stage in Frankfurt to accept their awards in front of the Fan Festival crowd. Yosuke Matsuda (President and Representative Director, SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.) received the most prolific role playing game series award on behalf of Square Enix.
Stephen Daultrey, Editor of the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition said "It is testament to both the size and longevity of the FINAL FANTASY franchise that it can break Guinness World Records titles that are broad, eclectic, and landmark as these ones."
Stormblood, the next expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV, is currently scheduled for release on June 20th 2017. With more than six million players globally, FINAL FANTASY XIV continues to deliver on the promise of bringing the best of the FINAL FANTASY experience to the online realm.
STORMBLOOD teaser site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/
The Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Website: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ffxiv/?hl=en
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4