At the sold-out FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Frankfurt, Germany, SQUARE ENIX revealed that players of the popular MMORPG will not only join the resistance and fight for the liberation of Ala Mhigo, but will also be travelling to Doma and its surrounding areas in the title's second expansion, Stormblood. This Far-Eastern nation has often been intertwined within the FINAL FANTASY XIV storyline, and players will now have the chance to depart the shores of Eorzea and explore an entirely new region within the world of Hydaelyn.
New Jobs, Dungeons, Cities, and More Herald the Ever-Growing World of FINAL FANTASY XIV
Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida announced further details and features for Stormblood during the keynote presentation of the event, including the following:
- New Job - Samurai (DPS Role): Samurai joins red mage as one of the new jobs to debut in Stormblood. The katana-wielding samurai is a powerful melee attacker and master of "Iai" swordplay techniques who can store energy within their katana to unleash special attacks. This new job will allow players to learn and master the art of "Sen" and its three forces as they develop their abilities: "Setsu" (snow), "Getsu" (moon), and "Ka" (Flower).
- New City - Kugane: Located within Hingashi, a Far-Eastern archipelago nation with a strict isolationist policy, Kugane is the only port city open to foreign trade vessels. Violent acts are strictly prohibited within the town's walls.
- Additional Beast Tribe and Primal: The Ruby Sea is one of many new areas accessible on the continent of Othard, and home to the Kojin-skilled traders residing in underwater settlements who welcome dealings with other races. The Kojin believe that a unique god resides in all objects and are collectors of treasures housing powerful deities. This beast tribe, like the others of Eorzea, finds itself intertwined in the worship of a primal: Lord of The Revel, Susano.
- New Dungeons: Many new and challenging dungeons, including Yanxia and The Azim Steppe, await adventurers in Stormblood as they explore the reaches of Othard.
- Residential Areas: The highly anticipated new residential area, Shirogane, was also announced. This housing area in Kugane brings an entirely new style of housing to players, featuring Far-Eastern style dwellings and wards.
Also showcased at FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Frankfurt was a first look at the extended Stormblood CGI trailer, which highlighted a variety of new content, including Kugane and the samurai in action.
The full trailer can be found here:.
Pre-orders for Stormblood are open now, and you can secure yours here: https://stormblood.na.square-enix.com/.
STORMBLOOD Teaser Site: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/
The Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram: @ffxiv
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017