505 Games and Klei Entertainment have come Together - and more - to announce that the Don't Starve Mega Pack, which includes the original Don't Starve experience, the Don't Starve Together multiplayer add-on and the game's expansions, will be arriving to retail and online stores for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q2 2017.
Experience all Don't Starve content in one physical survival pack soon!
Budding survivalists can also look forward to great savings as the Don't Starve Mega Pack is priced at $29.99, a 25% discount over purchasing the game and individual expansions separately. PlayStation 4 survivors will also get two PS4 dynamic themes to enjoy as they play:
The Shipwrecked theme:
Set sail and head to the tropical high seas with Wilson who has found himself in troubled waters. This fully animated theme from Don't Starve: Shipwrecked is scored with official music and drawn in the game's signature style.
Wilson survives in Autumn in this animated theme from Don't Starve. Scored with official music and drawn in the game's signature style.
"Watching Don't Starve evolve from being the first ever Early Access title on Steam to what it is today, has been an exhilarating journey. It's amazing to now have the original game and expansions packaged together in one awesome Mega Pack for consoles," said Peter Andrews, from the Don't Starve development team.
Don't Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game where players take on the role of Wilson - a Gentleman Scientist who is trapped in a mysterious world by a demon - and must learn to exploit their environment and its inhabitants in order to return home. Players also contend against randomly generated worlds filled with dark and whimsical visuals and a full range of environmental hazards that only a full year of seasons can bring. To survive, players must explore the world to discover its' mysteries, gather a variety of resources and craft items and structures that match their survival style - all without instructions, help or hand-holding.
The Don't Starve Mega Pack expands upon Don't Starve's already content-rich gameplay with the following:
- Don't Starve Together - A standalone multiplayer expansion to Don't Starve where players must team up with their friends to gather resources and craft survival items, or strike out against their own, to last the nights.
- Reign of Giants - An expansion pack that brings new characters, environments and beasts to the worlds of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together! Reign of Giants brings new mysteries, scientific innovations, resources and massive creatures of the wilderness to either help you or kill Wilson and his companions;
- Shipwrecked - A brand new single player story expansion where players will find themselves stranded on a tropical archipelago and must learn to survive all over again with new biomes, seasons, creatures, resources and recipes to discover, craft and survive against.
Console survivalists will get exclusive features such as split-screen local co-op where they can grab a controller with a friend and explore the depths of the wild together without connecting online.
The Don't Starve Mega Pack will be available for purchase at major retailers, including GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart for $29.99.
About 505 Games
505 Games is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. The company publishes games on leading console and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks. Product highlights include, Sniper Elite 3, PAYDAY 2, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Terraria, How to Survive, Defense Grid 2, ABZÃƒ>, ADR1FT, Assetto Corsa, and Portal Knights.
505 Games has offices in Los Angeles, Milton Keynes (UK), Lyon, Munich, Milan, Madrid and Shenzhen (China) and a network of distribution partners within the Nordic territories and Australia. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit http://www.505games.com.
About Klei Entertainment
Founded in 2005, Klei Entertainment is an award-winning game development studio based in Vancouver, British Columbia with both the technical and creative capabilities to create original and lasting properties on all platforms. Klei combines world-class talent and passion to craft great games with memorable characters that appeal to a wide range of audiences. It has developed and published games for the PC, PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade. To learn more about the Klei team and its latest projects, visit http://www.kleientertainment.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology