Discover Financial Services (DFS) and PayPal have signed an agreement making PayPal more widely available to Discover cardmembers, acquirers and merchants.
New deal allows Discover cardmembers to use cashback bonus at checkout
The agreement provides PayPal with access to Discover's tokenization services, expanding PayPal's reach at the point of sale, which will enable U.S. PayPal customers to pay with their Discover cards at all of the contactless-enabled merchants that accept Discover.
As part of the agreement, Discover and PayPal plan to enable PayPal customers with eligible Discover cards to use their Cashback Bonus to pay for purchases at the millions of online and mobile merchants that accept PayPal. After enablement, Discover cardmembers will be able to view and use their available Cashback Bonus while using PayPal to pay for all or part of a purchase.
"Discover is focused on making the payments experience seamless and secure for both cardmembers and our merchant partners," said Diane Offereins, President of Payment Services at Discover. "This agreement with PayPal helps expand consumer payment choices by providing additional ways to transact, and builds on the growing adoption of digital payments."
"The agreement with Discover leverages each company's core assets, will add value to everyday spending, and deliver great customer experiences," said Bill Ready, Chief Operating Officer, PayPal. "Discover has been a long-term strategic partner for PayPal, and we expect that collaborative relationship to continue as we work to offer our joint customers more choice and increased value online, in app and in store.
Discover cards will be presented as a clear payment option within the PayPal wallet, making Discover easily identifiable to cardmembers when paying.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit http://www.discover.com/company.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017