-- GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship Country Qualifiers --
-- Contestants from Serbia Break the 3DMark Vantage World Record --
Taipei, Taiwan, March 20, 2009 - The GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC) 2009, the world's largest overclocking competition, is well underway, with 23 country qualifiers happening all throughout the world.
The most impressive record achieved during country qualifiers so far is the new world record 3DMark Vantage score set by a contestant from Serbia. Nikolas61, one of Serbia's top overclockers, has broken the 3DMark Vantage world record by reaching 15,120 marks using the GO OC 2009 official recommended components, including an Intel Core i7 940 CPU, GIGABYTE EX58-UD4P motherboard and GV-N26OC-896H-B graphics, Kingston KHX14400D3K3/3GX memory and ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1050W power supply.
As all top overclockers know, first class hardware is always the key to achieving record-breaking overclocking results. With the top-notch hardware support from the GO OC 2009 official sponsors - Intel, NVIDIA, Kingston, ENERMAX, no doubt more overclocking records will fall during the GO OC 2009 qualifier competitions.
The GO OC 2009 country qualifiers will end in early April, with the winner of each country qualifier battling it out to come out on top at their respective regional final competition. Then, on June 3, during COMPUTEX 2009 in Taipei, Taiwan, the four regional final winners will compete with the winners of GO OC 2008 to fight for the crown of worldwide overclocking champion, with the top champion receiving a check for $5,000 USD, and hardware prizes totaling more than $1,000 USD.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- TrendForce: 14M virtual reality units in 2016, mainly used for gaming
- Acer rumored to announce four new Windows 10 Mobile phones during IFA
- Tidal struggling with executives leaving, though Jay-Z isn't moving
- Save 96% On a Lifetime Subscription to TigerVPN
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano spotted in an MSI motherboard
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- unwisely spent on pursuits Muscle Building
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- Noctua Provides Free Mounting Upgrade for Upcoming Intel "Skylake" Platform
- Crucial to Showcase New Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 White Modules at Gamescom
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line
- Toshiba Unveils 256 Gigabit 48-layer 3D TLC NAND Chip
- Unigen Announces DDR4 Modules