Plantronics, a leader in audio communications, today announces it has entered into a partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd. (SIEE) to develop the Plantronics RIG 4VR - a headset designed to enhance the PlayStation VR gaming experience.
The Plantronics RIG 4VR is today unveiled as the first officially licensed PS4 audio solution optimised for use with PlayStation VR
A complete audio solution for PlayStation 4 gamers, the RIG 4VR is the first officially licensed audio headset which has been optimised for use with PlayStation VR. Simple and intuitive to use, RIG 4VR will be available from October 13 to coincide with the release of PlayStation VR.
"Sound is an integral part of any truly immersive experience, and with this in mind we set out to design an audio headset which would complement the incredible 3D audio capabilities of PlayStation VR", said Peter Petrides, Director Gaming, ANZ at Plantronics.
"The launch of the RIG 4VR is an important step forward for us and continues our tradition of offering simple and effective solutions for users, enabling them to enjoy uncompromising sound, maintain clear two-way communication and enjoy unrivalled entertainment."
Adding to Plantronics' extensive catalog of leading consumer and tournament headsets, the RIG 4VR heightens the user's senses, helping deliver incredibly immersive experiences. Users will be able to hear enough of their surroundings to ensure their experience remains social; whilst the headset's lightweight frame quickly and effectively helps to bring them into a virtual world.
In addition to the interchangeable, different-length cables provided for use with PlayStation VR and the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers (0.4m length for PlayStation VR and 1.2m for the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller), the RIG 4VR also features 40mm drivers paired with low-frequency resonators offering enhanced bass, whilst maintaining accuracy of sounds.
The removable flip-to-mute boom with noise-cancelling mic can easily be attached when using the headset with a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, offering immersive stereo audio and exceptionally clear chat functionality within PS4 games.
The RIG 4VR for use with PlayStation VR and the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller will be available from October 13 at major retailers across the SIEE region for $129.95 RRP.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- Call of Duty: WWII screenshots are sparse
- Alien: Isolation 2 isn't happening after all
- Call of Duty WWII features Nazi Zombies story co-op mode
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design