Acer today unveiled its new Predator 21 X gaming laptop, the world's first curved screen notebook, a series of monitors with the latest eye-tracking technology and GPU updates to the Predator 15/17 series notebooks. This announcement at IFA 2016 reinforces Acer's commitment to premium gaming with a focus on expanding the number of high-performance Predator devices available to discerning enthusiasts around the world.
The Predator 21 X takes the flagship spot in Acer's gaming notebook series and is advanced beyond anything on the market today. It's the world's first notebook to offer a curved 21-inch IPS display (2560 x 1080), and when combined with wide-angle viewing, it delivers a truly immersive gaming experience.
To bring gameplay immersion to the next level, the notebook also integrates Tobii eye-tracking technology for a new method of control that's more intuitive and natural. Built-in eye-tracking hardware (infrared sensors and software) unlocks a completely new facet in gaming. By tracking a gamer's eye with software, the notebook introduces new interactions like aiming, identifying enemies and taking cover simply by gazing at objects on the screen. Eye tracking also enhances the experience by providing infinite views whilst navigating treacherous paths and roads in a game.
With 7th Generation Intel Core processors and dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphic cards in SLI, the Predator 21 X takes the AAA gaming experience to new heights. The curved screen also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to ensure smooth and sharp gameplay in every scenario.
Visuals aren't the only star of the show: the Predator 21 X also ships with SoundPound 4.2+ (4 speakers and 2 subwoofers), 3-way audio and Dolby Audio for truly pristine aural enjoyment. The notebook also features an advanced cooling architecture with 5 system fans, 3 of which are ultra-thin AeroBlade metal fans, to dissipate excess heat effectively for uninterrupted performance during intense gaming sessions.
The Predator 21 X has a full-sized mechanical keyboard featuring Cherry MX switches, with customizable RGB backlight settings for each individual key. Aside from its unique curved form factor, the Predator 21 X's numeric keypad also touts a unique design that allows it to be flipped over and turned into a Precision Touchpad.
New Eye-Tracking Monitors Revealed
In addition to its flagship notebook, Acer announced 3 new Predator gaming monitors that also feature Tobii eye-tracking technology. Each new monitor features NVIDIA G-SYNC and high refresh rates for smooth gaming experiences without lag. The new Predator gaming monitors are available in different sizes and configurations to meet the needs of a wide range of users looking to take their gaming experiences forward:
- Predator Z271T: 27", curved screen (1800R curvature), FHD 1920 x 1080 (144 Hz)
- Predator XB251HQT: 24.5", flat ZeroFrame screen, FHD 1920 x 1080 (240 Hz)
- Predator XB271HUT: 27", flat ZeroFrame screen, WQHD 2560 x 1440 (165 Hz)
GPU Upgrades for More Power
The Predator 15 and 17 gaming notebooks received GPUs refreshes based on the all-new NVIDIA Pascal architecture, with up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics and run on Windows 10. This brings the notebooks in line with Acer's push to have the Predator series ready to power the latest VR devices.
Price and Availability
- The Predator Z271T gaming monitor will be available in EMEA in October with prices starting at 799 Euros.
- The Predator XB271HUT gaming monitor will be available in EMEA in December with prices starting at 899 Euros.
- The refreshed Predator 15 will be available in North America in September with prices starting at $1,699; and in EMEA in October with prices starting at 1,799 Euros.
- The refreshed Predator 17 will be available in North America in September with prices starting at $1,699; and in EMEA in October with prices starting at 1,899 Euros.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via http://www.acer.com.
The new products were unveiled today at the next@acer press event at IFA in Germany, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for families, students and professionals. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni