AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unleashed the new Radeon RX 460 graphics card, engineered from the ground up for eSports gamers who demand pristine HD gaming, extraordinarily smooth beyond-HD streaming capabilities, and a distinguished assortment of future-proof[i] gaming technologies. With an ultra-quiet cooling solution and sub-75W power footprint, the Radeon RX 460 brings this wide array of enthusiast class features with a stunning SEP starting at $109.
"The Radeon RX 460 delivers the perfect balance of price, power, performance and package size, the four key pillars of modern GPUs," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD.
"The Radeon RX Series is built on architecture designed for extraordinary power efficiency and is especially well suited to desktop gaming PCs targeted at mainstream price points. Radeon RX 460 users will enjoy an optimized software and hardware graphics card solution ideal for both eSports and iCafe systems."
The supercharged Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers surprising performance in the most popular global eSports titles, and was engineered from the ground up to take advantage of next generation DirectX 12 and Vulkan APIs that power the most popular AAA game titles. The Radeon RX 460 graphics card has up to 14 compute units, 2/4 GB GDDR5 memory and 2.2 teraflops processing power, yet typical board power is less than 75 watts, making it ideal for iCafe deployments that typically place a high value on a low power footprint. This produces astonishingly quiet gaming and incredible frame-rates.
Radeon RX 460 Features
Astounding 1080p Gaming - Optimized for the most popular resolution gamers use today, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers superior framerates at 1080p in eSports titles such as League of Legends, Overwatch and DOTA 2, even allowing for better image quality and reduction of "jaggies" with the Virtual Super Resolution feature[ii], and smooth gameplay using AMD Freesync technology, and latency optimizations available from Radeon Settings. The Radeon RX 460 excels in DirectX 12 and Vulkan, APIs that are powering the future of gaming.
Cool & Quiet Gaming - Gamers can reduce fan noise with silent gaming features made possible by the revolutionary Polaris architecture, optimized for the 14nm FinFET process. The Polaris architecture-based Radeon RX 460 intelligently adapts to card temperature and completely turns off fans during idle and light gaming workloads[iii]. With no power connector and low temperatures, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card is the optimal plug and play option for gamers looking to upgrade.
Stunning HDR Pixels - Featuring a brand new display engine, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card is ready to help power the new generation of HDR content and displays for video and gaming.[iv]
Game Changing Control - As sophisticated as the Polaris architecture-based graphics cards are at a hardware level, the software that powers the cards is equally so. Radeon Software drivers enable the ultimate in performance, features and stability, designed to ensure an exceptionally smooth and fast out-of-box experience.
Radeon RX 460 Availability
Radeon RX 460 graphics cards are available from retailers and e-tailers around the world starting today. For more information on where to buy, visit http://shop.amd.com/en-us.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications