Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today announced Flashmatrix, a new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology. Flashmatrix is well suited for the growing need for real-time/streaming analytics in distributed systems targeted at high data intensive applications in manufacturing, finance, medical and security. TAEC will debut the technology at this week's 2016 Flash Memory Summit.
This new breed of Superconverged infrastructure features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance. With its unique architecture of NAND flash memory arranged in a matrix, Flashmatrix enables multiple data sets to be accessed in parallel and scaled linearly. All of the NAND flash memory is shared by every CPU allowing for flexibility and high performance. The entire platform is in 2U enclosure and offers linear rack scale scalability. Flashmatrix is optimally designed for low power consumption.
"Big data processing can face multiple problems in scaling, latency and power as the customer demands increase," said Ralph Schmitt, Executive of System Development at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
"Flashmatrix addresses each of those issues to create a system that is a true solution for analytic processing by offering low-power-consumption, parallel processing to reduce system latency, card level scaling and a large non-volatile memory space shared by all CPUs. Flashmatrix continues Toshiba's mission to persistently develop innovative technologies to make the best use of NAND flash memory."
TAEC will showcase Flashmatrix at booth 407 at the 2016 Flash Memory Summit, taking place August 9-11 in Santa Clara, California. Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, Technology Executive, Memory Design and Application Engineering, and Yoichiro Tanaka, Sr. Fellow, both of TAEC, will also be keynoting at Flash Memory Summit with their presentation, "New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions," on Tuesday, August 9th from noon - 12:30 p.m. PT.
For more information on Toshiba's line of Storage solutions and NAND Flash Memory solutions, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now