Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), a committed technology leader, today announced Flashmatrix, a new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology. Flashmatrix is well suited for the growing need for real-time/streaming analytics in distributed systems targeted at high data intensive applications in manufacturing, finance, medical and security. TAEC will debut the technology at this week's 2016 Flash Memory Summit.
This new breed of Superconverged infrastructure features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance. With its unique architecture of NAND flash memory arranged in a matrix, Flashmatrix enables multiple data sets to be accessed in parallel and scaled linearly. All of the NAND flash memory is shared by every CPU allowing for flexibility and high performance. The entire platform is in 2U enclosure and offers linear rack scale scalability. Flashmatrix is optimally designed for low power consumption.
"Big data processing can face multiple problems in scaling, latency and power as the customer demands increase," said Ralph Schmitt, Executive of System Development at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
"Flashmatrix addresses each of those issues to create a system that is a true solution for analytic processing by offering low-power-consumption, parallel processing to reduce system latency, card level scaling and a large non-volatile memory space shared by all CPUs. Flashmatrix continues Toshiba's mission to persistently develop innovative technologies to make the best use of NAND flash memory."
TAEC will showcase Flashmatrix at booth 407 at the 2016 Flash Memory Summit, taking place August 9-11 in Santa Clara, California. Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, Technology Executive, Memory Design and Application Engineering, and Yoichiro Tanaka, Sr. Fellow, both of TAEC, will also be keynoting at Flash Memory Summit with their presentation, "New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions," on Tuesday, August 9th from noon - 12:30 p.m. PT.
For more information on Toshiba's line of Storage solutions and NAND Flash Memory solutions, please visit:http://toshiba.semicon-storage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017