Following the launch of the game-changing Radeon RX 480 in June, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unveiled the new Radeon RX 470, which delivers AMD's renowned Polaris architectural DNA and an extraordinary value proposition to an even larger cross-section of the world's most demanding gamers, with a starting SEP of just $179 USD.
Supercharged with true asynchronous compute, support for high dynamic range monitors and designed from the ground up for low-overhead APIs, the Radeon RX 470 delivers on the promise of uncompromised HD gaming with exceptional graphics performance and low power consumption. Details of the new Radeon RX 470 graphics card and related technologies are available at AMD's new gamer-focused content portal, Radeon.com.
"We are delivering the next chapter of the Radeon Rebellion with the new Radeon RX 470, a GPU which offers brilliant HD gaming and is packed with future-proof technology at an impeccable price," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD.
"We've defined the Radeon RX lineup with feedback from gamers and enthusiasts who use our graphics technology. They have spoken and we have listened. The Radeon RX 470 is a premium card with compelling features that will entice enthusiasts worldwide."
The Radeon RX 470 dramatically outperforms the previous generation in gaming with its 32 compute units, 2048 stream processors, and up to 4.9 teraflops processing power, yet typical board power is just 120 watts. This produces outstanding gaming with greater than 60 fps at ultra-settings on a wide variety of the latest game titles.
Radeon RX 470 Features
Gamer Optimized - Powered by 4th generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture featuring asynchronous shaders and an enhanced geometry engine, the Radeon RX 470 graphics card offers exceptionally smooth gameplay at HD resolutions on the latest DirectX 12, Vulkan, and e-Sports titles.
Cool Efficiency - The Radeon RX 470 graphics card features premium technology with optimized FinFET 14nm technology that brings new levels of performance and low system power requirements. This allows for new levels of gaming performance to be realized in smaller, less power demanding solutions.
Stunning HDR Pixels - Featuring a brand new display engine, the Radeon RX 470 is ready to power the new generation of HDR content and displays for video and gaming.
Game Changing Control - As sophisticated as the Polaris architecture-based Radeon RX 470 graphics card is, the software that powers the card is equally as sophisticated. Radeon Software drivers enable the ultimate in performance, features and stability to ensure an exceptionally smooth and fast out-of-box experience. The latest Radeon Settings software takes customization to a whole new level. With per state control over clocks and voltage, users can easily customize their system for new levels of performance.
Quiet Gaming - The latest Radeon RX 470 GPUs offer silent gaming features that dynamically optimizes sound volumes based on actual temperature and workloads.
Ready for AMD XConnect Technology - Should a PC gamer on the go buy a gaming notebook that's tough to carry, or a thin notebook that's tough to game on, AMD XConnect unlocks the best of both worlds on systems designed for Thunderbolt 3 eGFX enclosures-an ideal form factor for fast and efficient Polaris-powered GPUs.
Radeon RX 470 Availability
Radeon RX 470 graphics cards are available now from retailers and e-tailers around the world starting today. For more information on where to buy, visit http://shop.amd.com/en-us.
Latest News Posts
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017