SAPPHIRE Technology introduces the next generation of video cards with the launch of Polaris-based Radeon RX 480. With the new FinFET 14 nm process and significant architectural improvements, the new chip is up to 2.8x more power efficient when compared to the R200 series.
Optimized for gaming in 1440p and stutter-free Virtual Reality, the SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480 brings forth the power of 4th generation of Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. With the industry-leading asynchronous shaders implementation, enhanced geometry engine, increased caches and better DCC memory compression, efficiency is at the forefront of innovation in AMD's new silicon.
- Up to 2.8x performance per watt compared to previous generation
- The most affordable solution for premium VR gaming
- Set of future-proof technologies and full 8 GB GDDR5 memory
- Very low chip TDP's & quiet blower cooling
The SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480 features 2304 stream processors with the engine clocked at 1126 MHz. Future-proof performance is guaranteed by the full 8 GB of GDDR5 memory on a 256-bit wide bus clocked at up to 2000 MHz. This enables premium VR experiences at low power, with the Steam VR Performance test score of 6.3 (versus the 3.6 score achieved by the R9 380). The debut of Polaris-based video card further decreases the retail cost of the VR setup for the end-user. It also means ultra-quality gaming in Full HD and 1440p with great performance using modern APIs like Vulkan and DirectX 12.
Thanks to the technology breakthrough of FinFET and the low power consumption that comes with it, the new SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480 video card offers a new golden standard of power efficiency and work culture, while still leaving a solid headroom for overclocking. AMD-designed blower cooling remains quiet and dissipates the heat outside of the computer's chassis.
New Polaris-based card also come with a slew of display engine advancements. SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480 supports next-generation of displays that feature High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology. HDR expands the range of colors and contrast ratios that can be shown, making HDR-ready games and movies appear sharper, more colorful and vivid on a compatible display. The new Radeon GPU comes with support for HDMI 2.0b and DisplayPort 1.4 to enable support for the latest monitors: 1080p @240Hz, 1440p @240Hz, 4K @120Hz, or even ultrawide 1440p @190Hz.
The Polaris chip features a hardware encoding/decoding for 4K recording using H.265 codec up to 60 FPS, making high-quality streaming and gameplay recordings a new reality with virtually no performance hit.
The SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480 is shipping now, and will be available from selected SAPPHIRE etailers and retailers worldwide.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse