Mangstor Inc., a leading developer of high performance next generation non-volatile memory storage solutions, today announced that its NX-Series Storage Arrays now feature burst buffer capabilities. The NX-Series burst buffer holds data until it is required by a compute node. Once the buffered data is requested and accessed by multiple users, the data is delivered in large bursts to external storage systems with significantly improved performance and latency responses. Bottlenecks associated with the backend storage system are also eliminated.
Developed for High Performance Computing (HPC), transactional processing, video editing, and cloud computing workloads, as well as for real-time analytics, NX-Series burst buffer capabilities are presented today at ISC High Performance Conference 2016 by Mangstor's European team in Booth #1440. The conference is located at the Messe Frankfurt venue, Tor Ost (East Gate), Hall 3. More information is available at www.isc-hpc.com.
In order to maintain the scalability of large file systems, while simultaneously and dramatically increasing performance, the NX-Series Storage Arrays integrate as an extremely fast tier of solid state memory into the storage system to address application I/O requests. It acts as a burst buffer to accelerate application throughput to the external storage systems while reducing the amount of external storage bandwidth that is required to meet many applications.
"The NX-Series addresses the burst buffer requirements for high bandwidth, high IOPS and very low latency, and delivers a solution that scales-out to provide more aggregated performance as more NX Series arrays are added," said Trevor Smith, CEO for Mangstor. "We continue to develop intelligent storage systems optimized for compute-intensive applications and the new NX-Series burst buffer solution delivers accelerated performance and efficiencies for HPC applications."
Mangstor's NX-Series are storage appliances that are fabric-attached and can be shared by many servers. They use Ethernet and Infiniband RDMA network access to bring the low latency benefits of NVMe to a shared storage environment, enabling flash memory acceleration to be deployed centrally for multiple server access. Its controller technology and TITAN software optimize the entire data path from application servers to the shared storage media delivering 10x faster performance to applications than current flash-based storage systems.
NX-Series Storage Arrays are available through Mangstor's worldwide sales channel of distributors, resellers and system integrators. Product information is available at www.mangstor.com. Sales and pricing information is available at email@example.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: now $700+ on Amazon and Newegg
- Hollywood, not miners, gobbling up Radeon RX Vega supply
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience