ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Strix GeForce GTX 1080, an all-new VR-ready gaming video card with ultra-fast gaming performance, advanced cooling and reliability, and personalized styling. Powered by the latest GeForce GTX 1080 graphics processing unit (GPU), clocked at 1936 MHz in OC mode, ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 delivers up to 6.5% faster performance in 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme and 7.4% faster gaming performance in Hitman.
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 is packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU III with a patented triple wing-blade 0dB fan designed to deliver maximum airflow for 30%-cooler and three times (3X) quieter performance, and ASUS FanConnect, which features GPU-controlled fan headers for targeted supplemental cooling. Industry-exclusive Auto-Extreme technology with Super Alloy Power II components ensures premium quality and reliability.
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 enables complete gaming system personalization with Aura RGB Lighting. A VR-friendly design with two HDMI ports lets gamers always keep a virtual reality device connected to their system for immersive gaming anytime. It also comes with GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster for intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
Ultimate cooling: DirectCU III technology with patented wing-blade fans and ASUS FanConnect
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 is equipped with ASUS DirectCU III cooling technology, which features direct-GPU-contact heat pipes that transport more heat away from the GPU, outperforming reference designs and achieving up to 30% cooler gaming performance. DirectCU III technology includes triple 0dB fans, engineered with a patented wing-blade design that delivers maximum airflow and improves static pressure over the heat sink by 105%, while operating at three times (3X) quieter volume than reference cards.
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 also comes with ASUS FanConnect technology. When gaming, the GPU often runs hotter than the CPU, but chassis fans usually only reference CPU temperatures, resulting in inefficient system cooling. ASUS FanConnect solves this issue with two 4-pin GPU-controlled headers that can be connected to system fans to provide targeted supplemental cooling for optimal thermal performance.
Premium quality and reliability: Auto-Extreme technology with Super Alloy Power II components
All ASUS video cards are now produced using Auto-Extreme technology, an industry-exclusive, 100% automated production process that incorporates premium materials to set a new standard of quality. Auto-Extreme technology ensures consistent video card quality as well as improved performance and longevity. This new manufacturing process is also environmentally friendly, eliminating harsh chemicals and reducing power consumption by 50%.
Super Alloy Power II components enhance efficiency, reduce power loss, provide two times (2X) reduced component buzzing while under full load, and achieve thermal levels that are approximately 50% cooler than previous designs for enhanced quality and reliability.
Game your way: Aura RGB Lighting and VR-friendly HDMI ports
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 includes ASUS Aura RGB Lighting on both the shroud and backplate. This stunning illumination technology is capable of displaying millions of colors and six different effects for a totally personalized gaming system. ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 also has a VR-friendly design with two HDMI ports that let gamers connect a VR device and display at the same time, so they can enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
Tweakable and intuitive: GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster
Redesigned with an intuitive user interface, GPU Tweak II makes gaming and overclocking easier than ever, while retaining advanced options for seasoned overclockers. With one click, the Gaming Booster function maximizes system performance by removing redundant processes and allocating all available resources automatically. An included one-year XSplit Gamecaster premium license - a $99 value - lets gamers easily stream or record gameplay via a convenient, in-game overlay. The overlay also displays GPU clock speed, temperature, and VRM usage, and has GPU Tweak II controls, so gamers can choose a gaming profile and boost performance with just one click.
Latest News Posts
- The Note8 to have a fingerprint sensor under the display
- OnePlus teases the OnePlus 5 color options
- ISS crew on an urgent spacewalk after equipment failure
- Far Cry 5 may have exclusive content on PS4
- Meizu launches new mid-range smartphone - the M5c
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning