BIOSTAR proudly announces a new line up of motherboards featuring the new 14nm Intel Braswell Refresh SoC processors that feature many improvements from its older 22nm counterpart Baytrail SoC. The new 14nm processors offer a more efficient yet powerful experience than its predecessor whilst consuming less power and producing less heat. The various improvements also introduce new performance enhancements for both CPU and GPU guaranteeing a more refined visual experience.
Braswell Refresh - New Features
With the new processor architecture comes new enhancements over the older-generation of processors. Besides improvements in processing speed, Braswell Refresh boasts a new 14nm fabrication process which gives the SoC a smaller die that needs less power (6w) and produces less heat. A heavily improved 8th-gen Intel HD Graphics processor with 12 Execution Units (EUs) is baked into the SoC compared to the 4 EUs of the older gen model. Connectivity is also improved with native support for DDR3L-1600 speeds, SATAIII and up to 4 USB 3.0 devices.
Intel's die-shrink allows the new Braswell Refresh SoC processors to operate with less current while improving performance and allows more clock rate headroom for frequency increases on lower workloads when necessary along with the other technical advantages brought on by the die-size reduction.
Improved HD Graphics
An improved Intel HD Graphics GPU will be baked into the new SoCs which improves performance for multimedia tasks such as watching HD videos and better desktop graphics for productivity allowing for a richer experience with an increase in execution units to handle today's more demanding visual processing.
More Memory Bandwidth
Native support for DDR3L-1600 allows the new Braswell Refresh SoCs to access memory at a faster rate for improved system responsiveness.
Here's a quick rundown of the older generation models versus the new Braswell Refresh SoC processors:
This changes results in up to 40% power savings and double graphics performance. There is also 20% more memory bandwidth in the new DDR3L-1600 versus the old DDR3L-1333, plus twice the speed for storage against the older SoCs.
BIOSTAR 6+ Experience
The new BIOSTAR PRO Series will carry on the exclusive BIOSTAR 6+ Experience feature set which delivers the best BIOSTAR has to offer: Speed+, Audio+, Video+, Durable+, Protection+ and DIY+.
AVAILABLE MODELS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Read more about BIOSTAR Braswell Refresh lineup:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni