BIOSTAR proudly announces a new line up of motherboards featuring the new 14nm Intel Braswell Refresh SoC processors that feature many improvements from its older 22nm counterpart Baytrail SoC. The new 14nm processors offer a more efficient yet powerful experience than its predecessor whilst consuming less power and producing less heat. The various improvements also introduce new performance enhancements for both CPU and GPU guaranteeing a more refined visual experience.
Braswell Refresh - New Features
With the new processor architecture comes new enhancements over the older-generation of processors. Besides improvements in processing speed, Braswell Refresh boasts a new 14nm fabrication process which gives the SoC a smaller die that needs less power (6w) and produces less heat. A heavily improved 8th-gen Intel HD Graphics processor with 12 Execution Units (EUs) is baked into the SoC compared to the 4 EUs of the older gen model. Connectivity is also improved with native support for DDR3L-1600 speeds, SATAIII and up to 4 USB 3.0 devices.
Intel's die-shrink allows the new Braswell Refresh SoC processors to operate with less current while improving performance and allows more clock rate headroom for frequency increases on lower workloads when necessary along with the other technical advantages brought on by the die-size reduction.
Improved HD Graphics
An improved Intel HD Graphics GPU will be baked into the new SoCs which improves performance for multimedia tasks such as watching HD videos and better desktop graphics for productivity allowing for a richer experience with an increase in execution units to handle today's more demanding visual processing.
More Memory Bandwidth
Native support for DDR3L-1600 allows the new Braswell Refresh SoCs to access memory at a faster rate for improved system responsiveness.
Here's a quick rundown of the older generation models versus the new Braswell Refresh SoC processors:
This changes results in up to 40% power savings and double graphics performance. There is also 20% more memory bandwidth in the new DDR3L-1600 versus the old DDR3L-1333, plus twice the speed for storage against the older SoCs.
BIOSTAR 6+ Experience
The new BIOSTAR PRO Series will carry on the exclusive BIOSTAR 6+ Experience feature set which delivers the best BIOSTAR has to offer: Speed+, Audio+, Video+, Durable+, Protection+ and DIY+.
AVAILABLE MODELS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Read more about BIOSTAR Braswell Refresh lineup:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications