Aside from appreciating a delicate compact design, most people barely recognize the artisanship and technology breakthrough it takes to shrink gizmos by even merely an inch. That said, it took two great minds, both Intel and ASRock working side by side to build one of the world's smallest mini PCs - ASRock DeskMini.
"We are excited to be working with ASRock as an ecosystem partner on innovative products", said Steve R. Peterson, Client Marketing and Enabling Director at Intel Corp. "The Mini Socket Technology Extended (Mini-STX) form factor adds the flexibility to support Intel LGA 1151 socket-based IntelÃƒÆ',Ãƒ,Ã,Â® processors in the mini PC segment. Ultimately, the Mini-STX component stack provides valuable configurability options for the channel, by extending the DT tower building block model into some of the smallest mini PCs available today."
ASRock DeskMini is based on the latest Mini Socket Technology Extended form factor, otherwise known as Mini-STX. Contrary to other run-of-the-mill small form factor systems, not only does DeskMini allow users to swap the CPU according to their own choice, it also packs enough headroom for a standard Intel box fan plus two 2.5 inch disk drives, all into the 1.92 liter chassis.
Moreover, while the whole setup is much smaller and power efficient than traditional desktop systems, it is also way more powerful than the current NUCs in the market. After conducting a series of tests, it was evident that ASRock DeskMini rocked the Cinebench R15, Sandra and 3DMark scores with an Intel Core i3-6100, compared to other mini PCs that sported a Core i7-6500U.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99