Advances in technology have come a long way in making consumers' lives easier, but the idea of a personal robot for the home has always been relegated to Sci-Fi ... until now. BIG-i, the world's smartest, fully interactive personal robot, is on it's way to America, possibly as early as fourth quarter 2016. Created by the robotic experts at NXROBO, BIG-i is unlike any other artificial intelligence on the market. Designed to address consumers' daily needs, BIG-i features Motion Tracking, Face and Voice Recognition, Local Mapping, Smart Home technology, and more to create a unique interaction between owner and robot.
"It has always been my dream to create a robot that could enrich a family's life," said Dr. Tin Lun Lam, CEO of NXROBO. "The needs of every household are diverse. In order to have a family robot become common in homes, it needs to be affordable with truly great design, technologies and personalization capabilities to fit everyone's needs."
BIG-i's advanced tracking abilities combined with its voice recognition technology and self-learning programming language allow owners to program their own commands and set reminders for everyday routines. Over time, BIG-i will learn each family's unique habits and help out with them.
BIG-i's capabilities include:
- Endless Learning -- BIG-i's operating system is integrated with voice recognition capabilities and natural language-based programming, so you can teach it new on a regular basis using just your voice. More advanced? BIG-i's OS will eventually be open source, allowing you to make own custom programs for it.
- Home Robo-Butler -- With its Voice Programming + Face Recognition + Motion Tracking, BIG-i can act like another pair of eyes around the house. BIG-i can be programmed to spot a child picking up fruit and remind him to wash his hands first. When BIG-i sees a family member leaving the kitchen, it can remind you to turn off the oven. By learning a family's habits, BIG-i establishes relationships with each individual while staying loyal to who's in charge. It knows which people to listen to - and which people not to - and will prioritize your requests to keep the natural order of the household.
- Unparalleled Communication -- Through Video Call + Face Recognition + Auto Navigation, BIG-i will change your communication experience. BIG-i can place and receive calls using your phone's contacts so you can seamlessly communicate - even when you've lost your phone. BIG-i will even help you find it.
- Smart Home Integration -- BIG-i's Voice Programming + Smart Home + Motion Tracking works with your home's electronics to provide a seamless transition of mood and environment. When BIG-i sees someone sitting on the couch after coming home from a long day of work, it can turn on a favorite TV show. Having a special dinner? BIG-i can recognize when someone raises a toast and automatically play a song selected for the moment.
- Virtually Anything You Ask -- Need directions? BIG-i can track them down and get you on your way. Want to order a pizza? No sweat! BIG-i knows what you like and can place your order via app or online.
BIG-i's possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Not only is BIG-i's technology changing the way people think about robot interaction, its appearance is redefining the industry as well. BIG-i isn't your typical robot; its frame is made of soft, cushioned material with no rough edges and features a single large rotating eye. The friendly, rounded design stands at 2.5 feet tall and is a welcome presence in any home.
For more information about BIG-i, visit www.nxrobo.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club