Advances in technology have come a long way in making consumers' lives easier, but the idea of a personal robot for the home has always been relegated to Sci-Fi ... until now. BIG-i, the world's smartest, fully interactive personal robot, is on it's way to America, possibly as early as fourth quarter 2016. Created by the robotic experts at NXROBO, BIG-i is unlike any other artificial intelligence on the market. Designed to address consumers' daily needs, BIG-i features Motion Tracking, Face and Voice Recognition, Local Mapping, Smart Home technology, and more to create a unique interaction between owner and robot.
"It has always been my dream to create a robot that could enrich a family's life," said Dr. Tin Lun Lam, CEO of NXROBO. "The needs of every household are diverse. In order to have a family robot become common in homes, it needs to be affordable with truly great design, technologies and personalization capabilities to fit everyone's needs."
BIG-i's advanced tracking abilities combined with its voice recognition technology and self-learning programming language allow owners to program their own commands and set reminders for everyday routines. Over time, BIG-i will learn each family's unique habits and help out with them.
BIG-i's capabilities include:
- Endless Learning -- BIG-i's operating system is integrated with voice recognition capabilities and natural language-based programming, so you can teach it new on a regular basis using just your voice. More advanced? BIG-i's OS will eventually be open source, allowing you to make own custom programs for it.
- Home Robo-Butler -- With its Voice Programming + Face Recognition + Motion Tracking, BIG-i can act like another pair of eyes around the house. BIG-i can be programmed to spot a child picking up fruit and remind him to wash his hands first. When BIG-i sees a family member leaving the kitchen, it can remind you to turn off the oven. By learning a family's habits, BIG-i establishes relationships with each individual while staying loyal to who's in charge. It knows which people to listen to - and which people not to - and will prioritize your requests to keep the natural order of the household.
- Unparalleled Communication -- Through Video Call + Face Recognition + Auto Navigation, BIG-i will change your communication experience. BIG-i can place and receive calls using your phone's contacts so you can seamlessly communicate - even when you've lost your phone. BIG-i will even help you find it.
- Smart Home Integration -- BIG-i's Voice Programming + Smart Home + Motion Tracking works with your home's electronics to provide a seamless transition of mood and environment. When BIG-i sees someone sitting on the couch after coming home from a long day of work, it can turn on a favorite TV show. Having a special dinner? BIG-i can recognize when someone raises a toast and automatically play a song selected for the moment.
- Virtually Anything You Ask -- Need directions? BIG-i can track them down and get you on your way. Want to order a pizza? No sweat! BIG-i knows what you like and can place your order via app or online.
BIG-i's possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Not only is BIG-i's technology changing the way people think about robot interaction, its appearance is redefining the industry as well. BIG-i isn't your typical robot; its frame is made of soft, cushioned material with no rough edges and features a single large rotating eye. The friendly, rounded design stands at 2.5 feet tall and is a welcome presence in any home.
For more information about BIG-i, visit www.nxrobo.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications