Today at the New York Times International Luxury Conference, HP Inc. raised the bar for the premium PC experience with the debut of the new HP Spectre, the world's thinnest laptop. The HP Spectre and new premium portfolio were showcased alongside the results of the company's collaboration with world-renowned designers Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah. The collaboration features exclusive, limited edition luxury notebooks at the intersection of high-end art and leading technology.
"The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn't compromise power or features," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. "A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel Core i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre."
CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4 mm.
Powerful Intel Core i5 and i7 processors deliver superior performance versus mobile processors often used in this class of device.
Superb entertainment experience with full HD 13.3" diagonal edge-to-edge display and Bang & Olufsen sound.
World's Thinnest Laptop
- HP reimagined every element during the design of the HP Spectre to ensure the best user experience coupled with maximum performance. The result is a premium notebook PC that does not force users to compromise on style, function or performance with features such as:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 2.45 pounds
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life while enabling the world's thinnest laptop
- Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning Gorilla delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-C connectors, including two of which support Thunderbolt, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
New ENVY Hybrid Features Thinner Design, Longer Battery Life and 4K Display Option
- Combining power and performance in a new thin profile, the 15.6" diagonal HP ENVY x360 is 21 percent thinner with longer battery life compared to the previous generation, weighing just 4.5 pounds and measuring 18.8 mm thin. With a timeless, all metal design, the HP ENVY x360 now offers a higher resolution display option for customers who want to view or edit 4K content. Key features include:
- Longer battery life with up to 11 hours compared to 8 hours on the previous generation.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processors with optional Intel Iris graphics or 7th generation AMD FX 9800P Quad-Core Processor with Radeon R7 Graphics.
- Full HD display option and clear, premium sound with HP Audio Boost technology with tuning by Bang & Olufsen to extend the entertainment experience.
- Two USB 3.0 ports with one supporting HP USB Boost, one USB Type-C for data transfer, HDMI and SD card reader for maximum productivity.
- Up to 16 GB of system memory and single or dual storage options with up to 2 TB HDD and up to 256 GB PCIe SDD.
Power in Lighter ENVY Laptops
- The new generation of HP ENVY laptops offer sleek, metal designs featuring big power and performance, plus edge-to-edge flush glass displays for beautiful viewing experiences. Both feature three USB 3.0 ports and a USB Type-C that support data transfer to make adding or connecting accessories easy, as well as HP Fast Charge, which allows customers to charge the battery up to 90 percent in just 90 minutes when powered off.
- Both devices are lighter than their predecessors, with the 15.6" ENVY a half pound lighter than the previous generation weighing in at 4.4 pounds and 17.95 mm thin, while the17.3" diagonal HP ENVY laptop weighs only 6.6 pounds with a 25.45 mm profile.
- The15.6" diagonal HP ENVY laptop also features:
- Choice of Intel Core processors up to i7 with option of UMA or Intel Iris graphics.
- 16 GB of memory with dual storage options of up to 1 TB HDD and 256 GB PCIe SSD.
- Windows Hello support on optional HD IR camera.
The 17.3" diagonal HP ENVY features:
- Intel Core i7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics.
- Up to 1 TB HDD or up to 512 GB SATA SSD. The 17.3" diagonal HP ENVY laptop also comes with an optical disk drive.
- Windows Hello support on optional Intel RealSense camera.
Pricing and Availability
- The 13.3" diagonal HP Spectre is planned to be available on HP.com and BBY.com on April 25 for pre-order with a starting price at $1,169.99 and is planned to be available in Best Buy stores on May 22 with a starting price at $1,249.99.
- The 15.6" diagonal HP ENVY x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on June 1 and bestbuy.com on May 29 and Best Buy stores on June 12 starting at $679.99.
- The 15.6" diagonal HP ENVY laptop is planned to be available on HP.com on May 25 and retailers in June 12 with a starting price at $779.99.
- The 17.3" diagonal HP Envy is planned to be available on HP.com on June 1 and bestbuy.com on May 29 and available in Best Buy stores on June 12 with a starting price at $1,029.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup