Hynix Announces Validation of the World's First 8GB 2-Rank DDR3 R-DIMM
Seoul, March 17, 2009 - Hynix Semiconductor Inc ("Hynix") today announced the validation of the HMT31GR7AUP4C, the world's first MetaRAM based 8GB 2-rank DDR3 RDIMM, on Intel's Nehalem CPU based Tylersburg-EP platform
When fully populated with 3 DIMMs per channel, the Hynix 8GB RDIMM operates at 1066MHz speed. Competing industry standard modules exhibit performance degradation to 800MHz when operating under full load. The Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM enables a maximum capacity of 144GB operating at 1066MHz in a dual processor Tylersburg-EP platform, not possible with industry standard DIMMs.
Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM satisfies the market demand for high performance server memory and expects to secure a leading position in this market. The 16GB DDR3 RDIMM based on MetaRAM technology is slated for introduction in the third quarter of this year. The emerging LR-DIMM (Load Reduced-DIMM), the future standard for memory buffer, is expected to adopt performance objectives similar to MetaRAM.
Volume production of the 8GB DDR3 2-Rank RDIMM will begin from second quarter of this year. Hynix also plans to receive Intel validation on 8GB DDR3 RDIMM operating at 1333MHz in the first half of this year.
Details on the Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM validation can be found on the Intel web site at:
About Hynix Semiconductor Inc.
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. (HSI) of Icheon, Korea, is the world's top tier memory semiconductor supplier offering Dynamic Random Access Memory ("DRAMs") and Flash memory chips to a wide range of established international customers. The Company's shares are traded on the Korea Stock Exchange, and the Global Depository shares are listed on the Luxemburg Stock Exchange. Further information about Hynix is available at http://www.hynix.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases the Radeon R9 390X on YouTube, says 'it's coming...'
- SilverStone announces a sleek headphone stand
- ADATA to show off new USB Type-C and Apple products at Computex 2015
- ADATA showcases cloud and IoT components for Computex 2015
- ADATA proudly displays a new gaming series at Computex 2015
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project
- WD Redesigns World's No. 1 Selling Portable Hard Drive
- QNAP Unveils Quiet and Stylish Vertical NAS TS-453mini