Hynix Announces Validation of the World's First 8GB 2-Rank DDR3 R-DIMM
Seoul, March 17, 2009 - Hynix Semiconductor Inc ("Hynix") today announced the validation of the HMT31GR7AUP4C, the world's first MetaRAM based 8GB 2-rank DDR3 RDIMM, on Intel's Nehalem CPU based Tylersburg-EP platform
When fully populated with 3 DIMMs per channel, the Hynix 8GB RDIMM operates at 1066MHz speed. Competing industry standard modules exhibit performance degradation to 800MHz when operating under full load. The Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM enables a maximum capacity of 144GB operating at 1066MHz in a dual processor Tylersburg-EP platform, not possible with industry standard DIMMs.
Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM satisfies the market demand for high performance server memory and expects to secure a leading position in this market. The 16GB DDR3 RDIMM based on MetaRAM technology is slated for introduction in the third quarter of this year. The emerging LR-DIMM (Load Reduced-DIMM), the future standard for memory buffer, is expected to adopt performance objectives similar to MetaRAM.
Volume production of the 8GB DDR3 2-Rank RDIMM will begin from second quarter of this year. Hynix also plans to receive Intel validation on 8GB DDR3 RDIMM operating at 1333MHz in the first half of this year.
Details on the Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM validation can be found on the Intel web site at:
About Hynix Semiconductor Inc.
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. (HSI) of Icheon, Korea, is the world's top tier memory semiconductor supplier offering Dynamic Random Access Memory ("DRAMs") and Flash memory chips to a wide range of established international customers. The Company's shares are traded on the Korea Stock Exchange, and the Global Depository shares are listed on the Luxemburg Stock Exchange. Further information about Hynix is available at http://www.hynix.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC