Hynix Announces Validation of the World's First 8GB 2-Rank DDR3 R-DIMM
Seoul, March 17, 2009 - Hynix Semiconductor Inc ("Hynix") today announced the validation of the HMT31GR7AUP4C, the world's first MetaRAM based 8GB 2-rank DDR3 RDIMM, on Intel's Nehalem CPU based Tylersburg-EP platform
When fully populated with 3 DIMMs per channel, the Hynix 8GB RDIMM operates at 1066MHz speed. Competing industry standard modules exhibit performance degradation to 800MHz when operating under full load. The Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM enables a maximum capacity of 144GB operating at 1066MHz in a dual processor Tylersburg-EP platform, not possible with industry standard DIMMs.
Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM satisfies the market demand for high performance server memory and expects to secure a leading position in this market. The 16GB DDR3 RDIMM based on MetaRAM technology is slated for introduction in the third quarter of this year. The emerging LR-DIMM (Load Reduced-DIMM), the future standard for memory buffer, is expected to adopt performance objectives similar to MetaRAM.
Volume production of the 8GB DDR3 2-Rank RDIMM will begin from second quarter of this year. Hynix also plans to receive Intel validation on 8GB DDR3 RDIMM operating at 1333MHz in the first half of this year.
Details on the Hynix 8GB DDR3 RDIMM validation can be found on the Intel web site at:
About Hynix Semiconductor Inc.
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. (HSI) of Icheon, Korea, is the world's top tier memory semiconductor supplier offering Dynamic Random Access Memory ("DRAMs") and Flash memory chips to a wide range of established international customers. The Company's shares are traded on the Korea Stock Exchange, and the Global Depository shares are listed on the Luxemburg Stock Exchange. Further information about Hynix is available at http://www.hynix.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- Naughty Dog rumored to soon unveil Uncharted Remastered for the PS4
- Colorful is aiming to become second largest GPU vendor
- Apple appoints Jony Ive as the company's first Chief Design Officer
- Upcoming 'Mad Max' game gets new story trailer
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications