This weekend saw the inaugural Call of Duty World League 'Challenge Division' live event 'EGL Open' take place, hosted at the Truman Brewery in London. With a total prize pool of $25,000 and World League points up for grabs, 32 teams competed to be crowned champions.
Split over two days on Saturday March 5th and Sunday March 6th, all of the teams took part in a knock-out structure, to secure a place in Sunday's epic final.
Played as part of the best of five games, it was Epsilon eSports and Team Infused who battled it out on Sunday evening for the chance to be crowned champions along with $10,000 in prize money. Based on previous form and their current league standing, it was Team Infused who entered the final as favourites, yet it was Epsilon eSports who got off to a flying start, winning the first two matches to take a commanding early lead.
However, showing their experience and steady nerves, Team Infused fought back to take a clean sweep of the next three games, in what was an incredibly close and highly competitive final.
Managing Director for @Team_Infused, Andrew Christoforou said, "Winning the EGL Open was a fantastic achievement for the players and meant a lot to the whole organisation. I'd like to thank EGL and Activision for putting on a well-scheduled and professional event. I know our players enjoyed the event, but they are straight back to work as they prepare for this week's COD World League matches and then the Stage 1 Finals at the end of the month."
For further information on the Call of Duty World League, check out: https://www.callofduty.com/esports/schedule
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter