This weekend saw the inaugural Call of Duty World League 'Challenge Division' live event 'EGL Open' take place, hosted at the Truman Brewery in London. With a total prize pool of $25,000 and World League points up for grabs, 32 teams competed to be crowned champions.
Split over two days on Saturday March 5th and Sunday March 6th, all of the teams took part in a knock-out structure, to secure a place in Sunday's epic final.
Played as part of the best of five games, it was Epsilon eSports and Team Infused who battled it out on Sunday evening for the chance to be crowned champions along with $10,000 in prize money. Based on previous form and their current league standing, it was Team Infused who entered the final as favourites, yet it was Epsilon eSports who got off to a flying start, winning the first two matches to take a commanding early lead.
However, showing their experience and steady nerves, Team Infused fought back to take a clean sweep of the next three games, in what was an incredibly close and highly competitive final.
Managing Director for @Team_Infused, Andrew Christoforou said, "Winning the EGL Open was a fantastic achievement for the players and meant a lot to the whole organisation. I'd like to thank EGL and Activision for putting on a well-scheduled and professional event. I know our players enjoyed the event, but they are straight back to work as they prepare for this week's COD World League matches and then the Stage 1 Finals at the end of the month."
For further information on the Call of Duty World League, check out: https://www.callofduty.com/esports/schedule
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99