G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., the world's leading manufacturer of extreme performance memory and gaming peripherals, thrilled to announce the commencement of the 3rd annual "OC World Cup 2016" overclocking competition. Each year, G.SKILL hosts the OC World Cup overclocking competition with the live four-day finals at the G.SKILL booth during Computex. This year, G.SKILL will be providing a $16,200 USD total cash prize pool for the winners. Following the tradition of the event, the Grand Champion of the OC World Cup 2016 will walk away with a grand cash prize of $10,000 USD.
G.SKILL OC World Cup is split into three rounds: Online Qualifier, Live Qualifier, and Grand Finals. Live Qualifier and Grand Finals will be held live at the G.SKILL booth during Computex from 31st May to 3rd June 2016. The Online Qualifiers round will be held on HWBOT from 7th March to 11th April 2016, featuring 3 benchmarks: Highest DDR4 Frequency, 3Dmark 01 with IGP, and 3DMark 11 with IGP. The benchmarks are selected to challenge the memory tweaking skills of overclockers on G.SKILL DDR4 memory, 6th Gen Intel Core processor, and Z170 platforms. The top 6 Online Qualifier contestants will win the tickets to participate in the OC World Cup 2016 Live Qualifiers at Computex 2016.
Champion: $10,000 USD
2nd: $2,500 USD + Trident Z DDR4 4000MHz 16GB (8GBx2)
3rd: $1,500 USD + Trident Z DDR4 4000MHz 16GB (8GBx2)
4th: $1,200 USD
5th: $1,000 USD
Additionally, all 6 contestants of the OC World Cup 2016 Live Qualifiers will receive one kit of DDR4 3600MHz CL15 16GB (8GBx2), one kit of DDR4 4000MHz 8GB (4GBx2) memory, and win sponsorship of G.SKILL's new upcoming DDR4 memory for the next-gen DDR4 platform.
For more information, and to participate, visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design