G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., the world's leading manufacturer of extreme performance memory and gaming peripherals, thrilled to announce the commencement of the 3rd annual "OC World Cup 2016" overclocking competition. Each year, G.SKILL hosts the OC World Cup overclocking competition with the live four-day finals at the G.SKILL booth during Computex. This year, G.SKILL will be providing a $16,200 USD total cash prize pool for the winners. Following the tradition of the event, the Grand Champion of the OC World Cup 2016 will walk away with a grand cash prize of $10,000 USD.
G.SKILL OC World Cup is split into three rounds: Online Qualifier, Live Qualifier, and Grand Finals. Live Qualifier and Grand Finals will be held live at the G.SKILL booth during Computex from 31st May to 3rd June 2016. The Online Qualifiers round will be held on HWBOT from 7th March to 11th April 2016, featuring 3 benchmarks: Highest DDR4 Frequency, 3Dmark 01 with IGP, and 3DMark 11 with IGP. The benchmarks are selected to challenge the memory tweaking skills of overclockers on G.SKILL DDR4 memory, 6th Gen Intel Core processor, and Z170 platforms. The top 6 Online Qualifier contestants will win the tickets to participate in the OC World Cup 2016 Live Qualifiers at Computex 2016.
Champion: $10,000 USD
2nd: $2,500 USD + Trident Z DDR4 4000MHz 16GB (8GBx2)
3rd: $1,500 USD + Trident Z DDR4 4000MHz 16GB (8GBx2)
4th: $1,200 USD
5th: $1,000 USD
Additionally, all 6 contestants of the OC World Cup 2016 Live Qualifiers will receive one kit of DDR4 3600MHz CL15 16GB (8GBx2), one kit of DDR4 4000MHz 8GB (4GBx2) memory, and win sponsorship of G.SKILL's new upcoming DDR4 memory for the next-gen DDR4 platform.
For more information, and to participate, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017