QNAP Systems Inc. today announced the release of the energy-efficient and budget-friendly dual-core Compact NAS, including the 1-bay TS-128 and 2-bay TS-228. Designed with a mini-tower form factor that takes less desktop space, they are ideal for home users to create their own personal cloud. The feature-rich TS-128/228 helps users to easily handle file backup and synchronization tasks, and also provides remote access and a wide range of multimedia apps to enrich their digital lifestyle.
"As photoshooting and recording with smartphones, tablets and digital cameras has become mainstream and the desire for high-resolution multimedia content becomes stronger, users are eager to find easier and more convenient methods for digital storage and sharing," said Jason Hsu, Product Manager of QNAP. "The new TS-128 and TS-228 presents an ideal personal NAS at a budget price to provide users with a great base for data storage, backup and multimedia entertainment."
Running on the QTS 4.2 smart NAS operating system, the TS-128/228 is powered by an ARM v7 dual-core 1.10 GHz processor with 1 GB DDR3 RAM to deliver up to 100 MB/s read speed for smooth data transmission, concurrent access from multiple users, and home applications. The TS-128/228 is suitable for serving as a multimedia center as users can back up or download files with the system retaining high performance. The tool-less design makes it extremely easy to remove the TS-128/228's side cover to add or replace hard drives.
The TS-128/228 provides an easy way to create a secure personal cloud which alleviates storage limitations and data security concerns of public cloud services. myQNAPcloud provides multiple remote access services for users to conveniently access, manage and share multimedia files on the TS-128/228 from anywhere with a web browser. Users can also access and browse files on TS-128/228 by using QNAP mobile apps including Qfile, Qphoto, Qmusic, Qvideo and Qmanager. With the Qsync utility that supports file synchronization across multiple devices, users can acquire the latest files from any device connected to the NAS whenever they need it.
The TS-128/228 provides comprehensive features for file management and backup, including cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX; flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac; disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup; and the latest Hybrid Backup Sync app that consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization functions for users to easily transfer data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces (including Amazon Cloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Yandex Disk, Box, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage and WebDAV cloud services).
The TS-128/228 is perfect for serving as a high-capacity home multimedia hub. With DLNA support, users can enjoy photos, listen to music, and watch HD videos stored on the TS-128/228 throughout their home on compatible Smart TVs, game consoles and media players. By using the Photo Station, Music Station and Video Station apps, users can centralize their media collection for easy sharing with friends and coworkers.
QTS App Center offers versatile install-on-demand apps to extend the functionality of the TS-128/228. The TS-128/228 also supports Surveillance Station with 2 free IP camera channels and up to 8 channels by purchasing additional licenses, assisting users in building a professional yet cost-efficient surveillance system for real-time monitoring, video & audio recording and playback.
- TS-128: 1-bay mini-tower NAS
- TS-228: 2-bay mini-tower NAS
- ARM v7 dual-core 1.10 GHz processor
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 1 x USB 3.0 port
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 1 x Gigabit LAN port
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017