HTC and Valve today announced their 2016 CES Best of Show winning VR system is available now for pre order with first shipments targeted to begin on Tuesday, April 5th. A complete VR solution, Vive includes two wireless VR controllers, room scale movement, a full 360Ã,Â° of tracking, and an HMD featuring a built-in camera to create what many critics are calling the most convincing VR experience launching this year.
In addition to the VR system, and for a limited time, those who pre order will also receive a free copy of three new VR titles: Tilt Brush from Google, Fantastic Contraption from Northway and Radial Games, and Job Simulator: The 2050 Archives from Owlchemy Labs. "We are delighted to help usher in the next generation of virtual reality," said Cher Wang of HTC. "Launching Vive with Valve has helped us ignite the creativity of thousands of content developers around the world." Vive is the first SteamVR system, giving it the backing of full integration with the leading online platform for PC games.
"Our collaboration with HTC and the VR development community has allowed us to create the most compelling and complete VR solution," said Valve's Gabe Newell. "In the coming weeks, many of these developers will launch an incredible first generation of VR titles to consumers around the world." To help consumers prepare for the Vive launch, Valve has issued the SteamVR test application for free on Steam. It provides a fun and easy way to find out if your PC is ready for Vive.
For more information, including details on upcoming SteamVR titles, please visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers