Following a hugely successful debut in 2015, Hi-Rez Studios announces the Oceania Region will return to compete in SMITE esports Season 3. With a total $100,000 AUD prize pool on the line, SMITE competitors can look forward to three major splits of competition, testing their mettle as Hi-Rez searches for the best team in Australia and New Zealand.
"Since introducing the Smite Pro League to the Oceania region last season, we've been very excited to see the growth in quality and competitiveness of the scene," said Adam Mierzejewski, Hi-Rez Studios' Esports Manager. "We think the Oceania scene will compete very strongly on the world stage in Season 3."
In 2015, the first SMITE Oceania Pro League champions Avant Garde was crowned. Claiming a stake in the Australian all time high event prize pool of $65,000 AUD at the regional finals at PAX Australia, Avant Garde qualified for their global debut in January's $1 million US SMITE World Championships. Video: SMITE Oceania Championships Recap
This year, Oceania will have a calendar of events, with prizing spread across a season of three splits each with LAN finals, supporting a sustainable esports scene for SMITE in Australia.
"With over 14 million players worldwide, SMITE continues to grow, and Oceania has been an important piece of the game's success. Our goal is to create a sustainable esports ecosystem for SMITE in Oceania that can last for years to come," enthused Adam.
Season 3 for SMITE kicks off with the first of two Pro League Qualifiers on February 27 hosted online in partnership with Cybergamer.
The opening prize pool in Split One of $10,000 AUD will be shared among the six Pro League teams, but only the top two will be provided travel to fight for the lion's share in the first split LAN finals at CGPL Autumn LAN on April 16-17
For detailed information see the SMITE PRO official news
Full run of dates and prize breakdown on the Cybergamer SMITE landing page:
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017