Suprema, a global leader in biometrics technology, today announces the launch of BioSign, a fingerprint authentication solution for smartphones, supporting World's Smallest sensor size of 16mm2 (4x4mm).
Suprema, one of the 50 largest security companies in the world, is a leading provider of biometric security solutions for access control, public ID, and embedded applications. Suprema's superior biometrics technology is adopted and used in various industries where security is critical such as financial institutions, data centers and government facilities. BioSign is the mobile optimized iteration of world's best fingerprint algorithm based on Suprema's 15 years of expertise in fingerprint technology.
BioSign provides a number of key benefits. Most of all, the solution supports the world's smallest fingerprint sensor size of 16mm2 (4x4mm). Its capability to support sensor that is 2/3 the size of the smallest sensor that is currently used leads to multiple advantages. It allows reduction in sensor manufacturing cost and results in smaller form factor. However, security is not compromised even with the use of smaller sensor, and the solution offers the lowest FAR (false acceptance rate) in the market. BioSign is also empowered with the most efficient and effective algorithm to date. It is the world's fastest algorithm that demonstrates matching speed two times faster than the competition, while needing only half the memory resource. Proprietary multiple in-depth pattern analysis techniques analyses unique aspects of the fingerprint and optimizes solution performance by conforming to the environment and specific fingerprint qualities.
"Evolution of mobile technology has transformed the way we interact with the world. Furthermore, the inclusion of biometrics technology into smartphones has brought a real change to the level of security and convenience on the devices by using what we know to who we are," said Dr. Brian Song, Vice President of Suprema. "The latest market trend of growing demand for mid-range smartphones has significantly increased the needs for reduction in costs without sacrifice to performance or features. BioSign's capability to work with smaller sensors will help with cost reduction efforts, and its small form factor offers versatile application options to other areas such as wearables, IoT and smartcards."
Suprema BioSign smartphone authentication solutions will be available in first half of this year and is already in sampling stages with multiple global brands in mobile eco system.
In February, Suprema will showcase BioSign at upcoming Mobile World Congress 2016 at Barcelona, Spain.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to produce significant stock of SNES Classic
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller