Today, Synology Inc. - a manufacturer of network attached storage (NAS) - launched its first router, the RT1900ac, in the U.S. market. The highly anticipated device has already earned several awards and recognitions globally, including a CES 2016 Innovation Awards Honoree (computer accessories category) and a Computex 2015 Gold Award.
"The Router is a critical element for any modern network, and yet it often remains complicated to use. By leveraging our expertise in network attached storage and maximizing the user experience, Synology provides a pleasant, efficient, advanced solution for enthusiasts and professional users," said Derren Lu, chief executive officer of Synology Inc.
Revolutionary Software Experience
The Synology Router Manger (SRM) is the intuitive operating system that powers the RT1900ac. With a user-friendly interface, SRM makes managing your network and Wi-Fi settings simple, while delivering robust tools for users and professionals.
- Easy to Use -Desktop-like interface makes it easy for beginners to manage their entire network settings.
- Free Updates - Regular software updates means a more secure product with new features to enjoy.
- Add-on Packages - Users can download free packages and transform the RT1900ac into a VPN server, RADIUS authentication server, DNS server, media server and 24/7 download hub for their homes and offices.
- Convenient Access - Access SRM by aiming your browser at "router.synology.com" during installation, or use a customizable QuickConnect ID, DDNS address to access SRM anywhere in the world.
- DS router - Available on Android or iOS devices, conveniently manage your Synology router settings from the palm of your hand. Review real-time traffic monitoring and wireless network management.
Advanced networking tools
The SRM Network Center application allows users to limit bandwidth consumption, block malicious content, setup parental controls, and fine-tune how data travels through your home or office network.
- Traffic Monitor - Provides intuitive and detailed graphic view on network resource allocation.
- Beamforming - User-controlled beamforming focuses wireless signals towards supported devices to: reduce latency, economize power consumption and improve the wireless range.
- Application Layer QoS - Allows users to control internet availability by device and networking applications.
- Parental Controls - Easily set up access times for each device and create built-in DNS based web filter.
Never worry about speed bottlenecks even when multiple devices are connected to the network. The RT1900ac is equipped with three adjustable long-range antennas and uses the latest 802.11ac wireless technology which broadcasts both 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals for combined data transfer speeds of up to 1900mbps. The Synology Router RT1900ac boasts professional level networking tools, at a consumer-friendly price for homes and offices.
Suggested retail price: $149.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system