EIZO Corporation today announced the release of the ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420, two 24.1-inch monitors with 1920 x 1200 resolution for use in various creative industries. Both the monitors feature a sleek new cabinet design with slim bezels which are 39% smaller than their predecessors'. A carrying handle is built-in for easily moving the monitor between locations or within the studio. The flat design uses electrostatic switches on the front bezel in place of traditional buttons for seamless access to monitor settings. The switches light up using an LED for viewing in dimly-lit work environments.
The ColorEdge CG2420 is the professional-level model for use in photography, design, print, and post production. It features a built-in self-calibration sensor for hassle-free monitor maintenance that ensures optimal color reproduction and image consistency throughout the creative workflow. The ColorEdge CS2420 includes many of the advanced features of EIZO's ColorEdge lineup while meeting the varying needs and budgets of hobbyists and prosumers that want to create, edit, and enjoy photography, illustration, and more.
EIZO bundles its proprietary ColorNavigator 6 software with both monitors for users that require a wide variety of calibration functionality. Users can select preset target values for photography, printing, and web design or set their own target values for brightness, gamma, and white point and generate an ICC profile. Because ColorNavigator 6 is proprietary software, EIZO has ensured it is compatible with a wide range of calibration devices from X-Rite, Datacolor, and other manufacturers.
The ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420 feature a wide-gamut IPS (in-plane-switching) panel with a 1920 x 1200 native resolution. The wide gamut ensures 99% Adobe RGB coverage so photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests are reproduced faithfully in a way that monitors limited to the sRGB color space cannot display. The ColorEdge CG2420's panel also covers 98% of the DCI-P3 color space used in post-production.
Both monitors are backed by a five-year manufacturer's warranty including the LCD panel. This is at least two years more than the warranty of most monitors to ensure a long service life and low total cost of ownership.
Shared Additional Features
- Smooth gradations with 10-bit display from a 16-bit LUT (look-up-table)
- DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI input terminals
- 3-port USB hub including 1 USB battery charge port
- Ergonomic stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments
ColorEdge CG2420 Additional Features
- High contrast ratio of 1500:1
- Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen with EIZO's DUE (digital uniformity equalizer) technology
- Brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics stabilize in just 3 minutes
- Quickly attachable and removable shading hood
- Supports ColorNavigator NX and ColorNavigator Network quality control software
- High contrast ratio of 1000:1
- Shading hood optional
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now