Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS216+. The high-performance 2-bay NAS server is aimed at home and small office users who want an efficient and secure storage solution to protect and share data, while enjoying on-the-fly video transcoding.
"With a powerful NAS storage solution, small offices gain access to high-speed file sharing, application serving, and online collaboration. Home users can also transcode and stream high quality video to all of their devices. The DS216+ is designed exactly for these functions. Our users have high expectations, and the DS216+ shows our commitment to meeting our users' needs," said Jones Tsai, hardware design director of Synology Inc.
Equipped with an Intel Celeron Processor N3050 and Intel AES New Instructions (Intel AES-NI) encryption, the DS216+ delivers high-speed performance, exceeding 111 MB/s reading and writing, while ensuring encrypted data transmissions at over 113 MB/s reading and 109 MB/s writing. Additionally, the DS216+ can perform on-the-fly H.264 4K to 1080p video transcoding, making it possible for high definition enthusiasts to stream their multimedia files, regardless of bandwidth or potential device limitations.
"Home and small office users are seeking new levels of performance, security, and intelligence in their storage systems. With the Intel Celeron N3050 processor and Intel AES-NI encryption, the Synology DS216+ satisfies these needs. Together, Intel and Synology are able to deliver greater efficiency and ROI to their customers," said Andrea Nelson, Director of Storage Marketing, Storage Group, Intel.
By implementing the Btrfs file system, the DS216+ offers advanced data protection by enabling point-in-time snapshot and restore, built-in data integrity checks, metadata mirroring, as well as quota control for shared folders (in addition to existing quotas for user accounts). The DS216+ also comes with a tool-less drive tray design with hot-swappable support, and front LED controls - allowing users to adjust LED brightness and schedule settings.
The DS216+ runs DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup, network management to multimedia, the DS216+ provides all essential services and increased productivity at work. Synology was voted a "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system