Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS216+. The high-performance 2-bay NAS server is aimed at home and small office users who want an efficient and secure storage solution to protect and share data, while enjoying on-the-fly video transcoding.
"With a powerful NAS storage solution, small offices gain access to high-speed file sharing, application serving, and online collaboration. Home users can also transcode and stream high quality video to all of their devices. The DS216+ is designed exactly for these functions. Our users have high expectations, and the DS216+ shows our commitment to meeting our users' needs," said Jones Tsai, hardware design director of Synology Inc.
Equipped with an Intel Celeron Processor N3050 and Intel AES New Instructions (Intel AES-NI) encryption, the DS216+ delivers high-speed performance, exceeding 111 MB/s reading and writing, while ensuring encrypted data transmissions at over 113 MB/s reading and 109 MB/s writing. Additionally, the DS216+ can perform on-the-fly H.264 4K to 1080p video transcoding, making it possible for high definition enthusiasts to stream their multimedia files, regardless of bandwidth or potential device limitations.
"Home and small office users are seeking new levels of performance, security, and intelligence in their storage systems. With the Intel Celeron N3050 processor and Intel AES-NI encryption, the Synology DS216+ satisfies these needs. Together, Intel and Synology are able to deliver greater efficiency and ROI to their customers," said Andrea Nelson, Director of Storage Marketing, Storage Group, Intel.
By implementing the Btrfs file system, the DS216+ offers advanced data protection by enabling point-in-time snapshot and restore, built-in data integrity checks, metadata mirroring, as well as quota control for shared folders (in addition to existing quotas for user accounts). The DS216+ also comes with a tool-less drive tray design with hot-swappable support, and front LED controls - allowing users to adjust LED brightness and schedule settings.
The DS216+ runs DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup, network management to multimedia, the DS216+ provides all essential services and increased productivity at work. Synology was voted a "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available