OWC today announced the all-new Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD, the highest capacity 2.5" solid state drive ever offered by OWC. Shipping this January, the Electra MAX 6G is a high-performance 6.0Gb/s solid state drive that combines extraordinary capacity with the award-winning performance and reliability of the OWC Mercury SSD lineup.
OWC SSDs and more than 20 other products will be on display at OWC's booth at the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Show, in Anaheim, California, January 21-24, 2016. OWC will exhibit an impressive catalog of award-winning storage solutions, SSDs, and memory upgrades for music production professionals.
Highlights of the 2.0TB Mercury Electra MAX 6G SSD
- Highest capacity 2.5" SSD ever offered by OWC, 2.0TB
- SATA 3.0 6G speed up to 490MB/s sustained, fully compatible with SATA 2.0 (3G) and SATA (1.5G)
- MLC flash for performance and reliability
- A suite of industry-leading controller technologies:
- Global wear leveling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly, maximizing the SSD lifespan
- StaticDataRefresh manages free space efficiently and safely, preventing data corruption
- Hardware Error-Correcting Code corrects errors as they occur for superior data retention
- Advanced security protocol support including 128/256-bit-AES full-disk encryption
- Seven percent over provisioning for exceptional reliability and consistently fast performance
- Three-year OWC SSD limited warranty.
The Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD delivers exceptional speeds and offers reliable, consistent high performance via the 6G SATA interface. Sequential read performance reaches up to 490MB/s, with write performance up to 471 MB/s. Read performance for incompressible data is up to 466 MB/s with write speeds of up to 447 MB/s.
Utilizing advanced controller technologies along with seven percent over-provisioning; the Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD provides RAID-like data protection and reliability without sacrificing performance due to parity operations.
"The Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD was designed from the ground up for heavy-duty use," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. "Our benchmark testing yielded impressive results, but the Electra MAX truly shines when performance matters most, especially in real-world content creation applications."
Availability and Pricing
Shipping this January, the Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD will be available at OWC authorized resellers and MacSales. The MSRP is $799.99 with street pricing from under $700.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available