ESL, the world's largest esports company, has confirmed it will host at least two premier US$100,000 Heroes of the Storm tournaments in conjunction with Blizzard Entertainment in 2016. Competitions will be held across two continents as part of the inaugural Spring season of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit.
ESL will hold the first ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship at the ESL America Studios from February 27th - 28th, and the ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice at the upcoming world-renowned Intel Extreme Masters Expo in Poland. Each tournament features a US$100,000 prize pool, and the top two teams at each of these ESL Heroes of the Storm Championships will directly qualify for a spot in the US$500,000 Spring Global Championship taking place this April in Korea.
"The ESL Heroes of the Storm Championships in North America and Europe will award US$200,000 across just two months. We're excited to be working together with Blizzard Entertainment on these tournaments, and look forward to the Spring Global Championship and all that is beyond," said Sebastian Weishaar, Senior Vice President International Business at ESL. "2016 will be an exciting year for the community and we look forward to bringing the best of the competitive scene to audiences both online and at the venues themselves."
The ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice will be preceded by four qualifier tournaments, the first beginning on January 23. The top two teams from each tournament will qualify themselves for the Championship event in Katowice, set to be played out March 5-6 at the Intel Extreme Masters Expo in co-operation with Intel and Dell. Solidified as the most-watched esports event of all time, the Intel Extreme Masters spectacle in Katowice will see its biggest yet installation in 2016 with top-tier competition across Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and more.
For more information regarding the upcoming ESL Heroes of the Storm Championship - Katowice, its qualifiers and more, please visit http://www.eslgaming.com. More information about the Intel Extreme Masters Katowice Expo can be found on http://www.intelextrememasters.com.
The 2016 Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit is composed of three Global Championships-one each in the spring, summer, and fall. In order to earn one of the 12 spots in each season's Global Championship, teams must brawl their way to the top of their respective regions. For more information about the 2016 Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Circuit, read Blizzard's announcement on the official Heroes of the Storm website (www.heroesofthestorm.com).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR sells 915,000 units since launch
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD