The world's top women's Counter Strike: Global Offensive teams face-off again at this year's Intel Extreme Masters Expo to compete for $30,000 in prize money at the Intel Challenge. Held in tandem with the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship on March 4-6, 2016, the Intel Challenge remains the premier women's competition organized by Intel Corporation and ESL on the circuit's biggest stop.
The Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016 will feature eight teams from around the world. Five teams will be directly invited from North America, Europe, and Asia. The remaining three slots will be filled by two European and one American team from a series of online qualifiers. Starting on January 17th, the online qualifiers are open to women's teams in NA and EU, and will be hosted by ESEA. Teams can sign up here:
Those who make it to Katowice will battle it out on the Intel Extreme Masters Expo Stage Sunday, March 6th in a single elimination, best of three tournament format with a third place match.
The teams will be flown in for the offline group stage with travel and accommodation provided for. The day's matches will be broadcast on Twitch.tv. For more information about Intel Extreme Masters World Championship in Katowice, please visit the official website.
Teams who would like to be considered for a direct invitation should fill out this form by January 21st. Applicants for a direct invite must still sign-up for the qualifiers. Any team that does not receive confirmation from ESL by January 23rd that they have received a direct invitation will need to play through the qualifiers to receive their bid for the Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017