The world's top women's Counter Strike: Global Offensive teams face-off again at this year's Intel Extreme Masters Expo to compete for $30,000 in prize money at the Intel Challenge. Held in tandem with the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship on March 4-6, 2016, the Intel Challenge remains the premier women's competition organized by Intel Corporation and ESL on the circuit's biggest stop.
The Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016 will feature eight teams from around the world. Five teams will be directly invited from North America, Europe, and Asia. The remaining three slots will be filled by two European and one American team from a series of online qualifiers. Starting on January 17th, the online qualifiers are open to women's teams in NA and EU, and will be hosted by ESEA. Teams can sign up here:
Those who make it to Katowice will battle it out on the Intel Extreme Masters Expo Stage Sunday, March 6th in a single elimination, best of three tournament format with a third place match.
The teams will be flown in for the offline group stage with travel and accommodation provided for. The day's matches will be broadcast on Twitch.tv. For more information about Intel Extreme Masters World Championship in Katowice, please visit the official website.
Teams who would like to be considered for a direct invitation should fill out this form by January 21st. Applicants for a direct invite must still sign-up for the qualifiers. Any team that does not receive confirmation from ESL by January 23rd that they have received a direct invitation will need to play through the qualifiers to receive their bid for the Intel Challenge at Katowice 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4