GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and video cards, is proud to launch a whole new series of High-End Desktop (HEDT) motherboards with the X170 and X150 series, based on Intel C236 and C232 chipset. In addition to supporting the new Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 processor and ECC DDR4 memory (for select motherboards), the new motherboards are also compatible with Intel 6th Gen. Core i3, Pentium and Celeron processors.
These new high-end desktop motherboards will bring support for Xeon Processors to users who desire a professional solution whether it's for Photography, Designing, Video Streaming and more. "I know GIGABYTE is providing the best HEDT experience with the X170 and X150 Motherboards, combining performance, stability and durability," commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE's Motherboard Business Unit.
Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 support with Intel C230 Series Chipset
This new generation of Xeon processors is based on the 14nm process technology and designed with the new Skylake microarchitecture. Among the main features of this new product family is the adoption of the DDR4 memory technology, which brings a significant memory speed and capacity boost over the previous generation (up to 64GB at 2133MHz compared to 32GB at 1866MHz with the previous generation). Additionally, the Intel C230 Series chipset delivers improved manageability, increased I/O bandwidth, and enhanced processor graphics.
With the introduction of the X170-Extreme ECC, X150-PRO ECC and X150M-PRO ECC, users can benefit from ECC memory (Error-correcting code). Utilizing specialized memory chips on the RAM modules, it can eliminate small data discrepancies and prevent data corruption to ensure reliability for critical applications while helping to reduce system crashes.
Designed to deliver the best expansion connectivity, the first PCIe lane of the new X170 and X150 workstation motherboards from GIGABYTE is a direct x16 Gen.3 lane to the processor, which offers 128Gb/s of unrestricted bandwidth to your video cards for better performance when running GPU intensive applications.
Select GIGABYTE's X170 and X150 motherboards are equipped with Intel's latest USB 3.1 controller, offering the best USB performance to date. Delivered over the new reversible USB Type-C and widely adopted Standard-A connector, USB 3.1 offers transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s (twice the speed compared to its previous generation) and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0 for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Additionally, GIGABYTE brings to the user PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices with support for PCIe Gen.3 x4 M.2 connectors. Delivering up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speed per connector, the M.2 SSDs provide an ideal storage solution as it also supports RAID modes. Also compatible with NVMe drives such as the Intel 750 2.5" drives via an M.2 to U.2 adapter, this solution can bring the fastest storage solution to improve data transfer speeds, system boot up time and game load time, providing the user with a smooth and pleasant experience.
The X170-Extreme ECC motherboard features the Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller, the world's most advanced networking detection and prioritization technology for consumer and enthusiast users. The E2400 provides additional intelligence by automatically detecting and prioritizing specific website traffic in addition to networked applications and games. The adapter delivers industry-leading latency performance, offering more powerful network control, improved latency, reduced jitter and virtually eliminates video freezes so users can play, watch and stream games all at the same time.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni