Growing Notebook Market Spurs New Accessories From Microsoft
Hardware Group expands into new product category and updates top-selling Arc Mouse.
Notebook sales are now outpacing desktop PCs three to one, and to meet that growth, the Microsoft Hardware Group is entering a new category of notebook accessories with the introduction of the Notebook Cooling Base, designed to make notebook use more comfortable with a built-in fan and sleek form. Microsoft Corp. is also responding to the rapid success of the Arc Mouse, which reached the top-10 list of best-selling mice after just two months on the market, by releasing the award-winning mouse in four special edition colors: deep olive green, marine blue, eggplant purple and frost white. These products provide a great way for people to display their unique style and work in comfort on their notebooks.
Hardware Keeps It Cool
The stylish Notebook Cooling Base provides reliable cooling with a built-in fan and efficient cooling channel to prevent overheating. The base is easy to use with any notebook and is contoured to rest on both desks and users' laps, providing a comfortable typing angle. The Notebook Cooling Base has a slim, portable design at only 1.16 inches thick, a cable management clip to allow the cable to be neatly stored when not in use, and is USB-powered so no batteries are needed. The base will be available in white and black. Keeping cool in style has never been easier.
Mice Get a Splash of Color
Color continues to be an important factor for consumers when buying electronics, according to Colorcom consultant Jill Morton.
"People form a personal connection to a product in a color they like," Morton said.
The Arc Mouse special edition colors can add a splash of personal flair and style to any computer.
Outside color, the distinctive design of the Arc Mouse is an expression of personal style on its own. The revolutionary form is perfect for the on-the-go trendsetter:
- Sleek, collapsible design folds to reduce the mouse's size by almost half, giving consumers the comfort of a full-size mouse with the portability of a notebook mouse. Flipping the mouse shut automatically turns the power off to save battery life.
- Snap-in magnetic micro-transceiver is smaller than a dime and uses a magnet to effortlessly snap into the bottom of the mouse, making packing up easier than ever.
Microsoft also offers the Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 in the following special edition colors: blue sapphire, red garnet, pink topaz, green emerald and purple amethyst. They have been available in limited quantity since October 2008 and are now widely available.
Pricing and Availability
The Notebook Cooling Base will be available in July for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S). The Arc Mouse in special edition colors is available this month for an estimated retail price of $49.95 (U.S). The Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 in special edition colors is available now for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S). The Arc Mouse in special edition colors and Notebook Cooling Base are available now for presale on Amazon.com and will ship when they are widely released. The products are backed by a worldwide three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft. More information about these and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.
Latest News Posts
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients