OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today an all-new 480GB capacity of the Envoy Pro mini, the stylish, aluminum, pocket-sized thumb drive with the amazing capability of a full-sized desktop-class SSD. The new model effectively doubles the previous maximum available capacity of 240GB.
Winner of the 2015 Storage Visions Visionary Product Award and 2015 Best in Biz Award, the OWC Envoy Pro mini achieves incredible speeds up to 427MB/s, offering true desktop-class SSD performance in the footprint of a thumb drive. The Envoy Pro mini features a USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface, and is an indispensable workhorse that brings professional performance, high-capacity storage to life on the move.
Envoy Pro mini features industry leading controller technologies to deliver outstanding performance and reliability. Integrated data management technology keeps Envoy Pro mini working at maximum speed even when nearly full. Powerful hardware error correction yields superior data retention and drive health, and gold-standard compression and data distribution maximizes write performance and drive endurance.
The Envoy Pro mini achieves sustained transfer speeds up to 427MB/s, making it the perfect portable storage solution for demanding creative production workflows. By contrast, FireWire 800 transfers at approximately 84MB/s and USB 2.0 at 37MB/s.
"This isn't your average thumb drive," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "The pocket-sized Envoy Pro mini delivers full-sized, desktop-class SSD performance and doesn't slow down with use like many other SSDs. And because it's both lightweight and rugged, it's the ultimate go-anywhere storage companion for anyone on the move."
Availability and Pricing
The 480GB OWC Envoy Pro mini is priced at $287.00 USD.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99