OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today an all-new 480GB capacity of the Envoy Pro mini, the stylish, aluminum, pocket-sized thumb drive with the amazing capability of a full-sized desktop-class SSD. The new model effectively doubles the previous maximum available capacity of 240GB.
Winner of the 2015 Storage Visions Visionary Product Award and 2015 Best in Biz Award, the OWC Envoy Pro mini achieves incredible speeds up to 427MB/s, offering true desktop-class SSD performance in the footprint of a thumb drive. The Envoy Pro mini features a USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface, and is an indispensable workhorse that brings professional performance, high-capacity storage to life on the move.
Envoy Pro mini features industry leading controller technologies to deliver outstanding performance and reliability. Integrated data management technology keeps Envoy Pro mini working at maximum speed even when nearly full. Powerful hardware error correction yields superior data retention and drive health, and gold-standard compression and data distribution maximizes write performance and drive endurance.
The Envoy Pro mini achieves sustained transfer speeds up to 427MB/s, making it the perfect portable storage solution for demanding creative production workflows. By contrast, FireWire 800 transfers at approximately 84MB/s and USB 2.0 at 37MB/s.
"This isn't your average thumb drive," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "The pocket-sized Envoy Pro mini delivers full-sized, desktop-class SSD performance and doesn't slow down with use like many other SSDs. And because it's both lightweight and rugged, it's the ultimate go-anywhere storage companion for anyone on the move."
Availability and Pricing
The 480GB OWC Envoy Pro mini is priced at $287.00 USD.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4