Hi-Rez Studios is kicking off the SMITE World Championship (SWC) this Friday morning, which will determine the best SMITE players in the world and award a USD $1,000,000 prize pool for the PC World Championship and $150,000 for the Xbox One Invitational. Hi-Rez will broadcast the event on Twitch and will hold its keynote address on Friday at 3AM AEDT via http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame, which will include several announcements for SMITE, Hi-Rez's all-new FPS, Paladins, and the studio's upcoming mobile game, Jetpack Fighter.
To celebrate all things SWC, Hi-Rez is also releasing an incredible cinematic trailer (watch it above or via the link below). Free free to post it now, or anytime, without embargo:
Avant Garde is comprised of players who'd not met in person prior to their victory at the SMITE Oceania Finals at PAX Aus 2015. They've remained undefeated all season, and will be matched up against US/Canadian team Enemy on Friday morning in a best of 1 series. As the best team in the OCE region, Hi-Rez feel the boys are in with a shot of upsetting bigge named teams. Think Socceroos at a World Cup. Tune in from 5am on Friday to cheer them on!
Video recap: SMITE Oceania Championships
The Onstage action:
Hi-Rez at PAX Aus:
In celebration of SWC week, SMITE's Ultimate God Pack is 33% off, for both PC players and Xbox One Gold members until Monday 11 January.
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card