MSI Announces GT628 Gaming Notebook with new NVIDIA GeForce GTS 160M GPU
The GT628 is among the first gaming notebooks to offer this revolutionary graphics card
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA - March 09, 2009 - MSI Computer, a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, is pleased to announce the newest addition to its world-class Gaming Notebook Series - GT628. The new GT628 combines a stylish chassis with cutting-edge technology to deliver the ultimate gaming experience. The GT628 features a stand-alone high-end NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 160M graphics card with 1GB of DDR3 graphics memory to create awe-inspiring ultra-realistic 3D graphics.
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 160M GPU increases game play performance by as much as 50% over the previous generation of GPUs. NVIDIA® PhysX technology provides real world gaming effects like natural water and lifelike explosions. When not gaming NVIDIA® PureVideo® HD technology allows GT628 users to experience the latest in high-def videos and Blu-ray movies with the sharp images and vibrant colors in full 1080p.
"We are thrilled to be launching a gaming notebook featuring the new NVIDIA GeForce GTS 160M graphics card," said Andy Tung, Vice President of Sales, MSI US. "This GPU will allow us to offer our customers a gaming notebook with unmatched performance that delivers graphics never thought possible on a notebook."
"GeForce GTS 160M delivers 50% more performance than its predecessor, and still has the best performance per watt ratio off any GeForce GPU we offer," said Matt Wuebbling product manager for notebook GPUs at NVIDIA. "By delivering more GeForce per square inch, we manage to make game-caliber performance and a superior multimedia experience affordable."
MSI has also outfitted the GT628 with the latest Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology, a spacious 15.4" WSXGA (1680x1050) LCD, and MSI's exclusive Turbo Drive Engine -- capable of overclocking the notebook's processor by as much as 15% when in AC mode. When on the go, users can conserve the GT628's battery by taking advantage of the MSI's Eco Engine technology and by utilizing NVIDIA's® HybridPower technology, which allows gamers switch to a lower power integrated GPU.
The GT628 will be available in the United States for purchase in mid April at http://www.msimobile.com and MSI authorized resellers, retailers and distributors.
Founded in 1986, MSI strives to design and manufacture superior technology and innovative products, while offering outstanding customer service. The company's expansive range of product lines includes Notebooks, Mainboards, Graphic Cards, Servers/Workstations, Barebones, IPCs, Multimedia Products, CE Devices and Networking Devices. MSI is ranked among the world's top 3 motherboard manufacturers and is one of the top 5 server manufacturers. MSI has developed several new technologies, including ACV (Amazing Crystal Vision), and ACS (Advanced Cooling System). MSI's notebooks are known for their aesthetically pleasing designs and powerful components. To keep abreast of the global market MSI provides multi-language customer service and associated web sites. MSI has offices in Taiwan, Mainland China, USA, Germany, France, Holland, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Korea, Poland, Russia, Canada, and India. To learn more about MSI's complete line personal computers and components please visit http://www.msimobile.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family