Intel's Xeon E3-1200 series processors were pretty popular since their performance is somewhat close to Core i7 processors, but cost way much less. However, earlier Intel has decided to make these new Xeon E3-1200 v5 processors exclusive to Intel C232 chipset platforms, meaning that it won't work on your average Z170/H170/B150/H110 chipset motherboards. On the bright side, ASRock will release two Intel C232 chipset based motherboards after Christmas to match the CPU with the best value, Intel's E3-1230 v5. The first one will be ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC for gamers, and the second one a workstation motherboard ASRock E3V5 WS.
Aside from lacking Intel onboard graphics, which game addicts with fancy video cards won't miss a bit, ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC makes a wonderful gaming rig. It's fully equipped with Gaming Armor, Super Alloy features, ASRock Hyper BCLK Engine, and the rule breaking DDR4 Non-Z OC that enhances the system's overall performance. Both ordinary DDR4 memory modules and ECC memory DIMMs are supported. And of course, features like Key Master, Fatal1ty mouse port and F-Stream aren't missing either.
Meanwhile ASRock E3V5 WS is a workstation motherboard that is specifically designed for content creators. Akin to its gaming oriented counterpart, it also lacks support for Intel's integrated graphics, but supports both ordinary DDR4 memory modules, ECC memory DIMMs, and also AMD FirePro and NVIDIA Quadro high-end video cards instead. Moreover, the onboard Intel I219LM LAN chip provides server grade internet connections, plus it allows this workstation motherboard to support server operating systems.
For more details about these boards, visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4