TomTom (TOM2) continues to innovate with completing the move to its new transactional-based mapmaking platform. This platform is the first of its kind in the map industry and a leap forward in mapmaking technologies. It furthers TomTom's lead in delivering the highest quality and up-to-date maps optimizing on crowdsourced data alongside traditional mapmaking methods. This launch represents a significant milestone for the company and is the critical step to bringing real-time maps to customers.
"We are the first to deliver a global platform that allows for map updates to be continuously released to users," said Harold Goddijn, CEO at TomTom. "The era of map updates in batches is over, now we can update maps as changes are detected. This puts TomTom in a unique position to start providing the real-time quality and accuracy needed for the future use-cases such as driver assistance applications and highly automated driving."
TomTom's new transactional mapmaking platform brings great advantages in efficiencies and minimises the time between detecting changes in the real-world and updating the map on an end-user's device. A change can pass through TomTom's mapmaking process, be fully quality assured in real-time, and end up in a customer's map in just minutes. This new platform can scale to process new sources of sensor data efficiently, furthering TomTom's lead in optimising professional and community input mapmaking techniques. End-users using TomTom's real-time maps will always have accurate and up-to-date maps across automotive, mobile and location-based online applications.
"This has been a huge, complex project for the maps team at TomTom and I'm very proud of what we've achieved and the time in which it has been achieved," said Charles Cautley, Managing Director Maps & Licensing at TomTom. "There is a lot of potential with this new platform and with it we look forward to delivering the high-quality map content that meets the growing customer location requirements."
To see how TomTom's mapmaking platform works, please click here:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-ordered Note8 to come with a free 360 camera
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect