Kingston Digital Releases 16GB MicroSDHC Card
Larger Capacity Cards Offer More Flexibility to Expand Digital Content for Mobile Phones and Portable Digital Devices
Sydney, Australia - March 9 2009 - Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., today announced it is releasing a 16GB microSDHC Flash memory card for use in mobile phones. The larger capacity card offers greater storage options for the latest mobile phones and other digital devices and joins the microSDHC card family which includes the 4- and 8GB products.
"The increased functionality of the latest mobile phones has helped fuel and raise consumers' appetites for more digital content," said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology. "Today's mobile lifestyle includes using phones as portable media players and as a camera. The Kingston®16GB microSDHC card removes the barrier of limited internal handset or device memory and allows users to store more photos, songs, games and videos."
Kingston 16GB microSDHC cards can store more than 3,000 digital songs*, over 8,000 images from a 5MP cameraphone**, or up to 16 hours of video***, offering the most convenient means to store, move and play digital content via a handset's storage slot. Newer handset models from manufacturers such as LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM and Sony Ericsson support 16GB external storage.
The Kingston 16GB microSDHC card (Kingston part #: SDC2/16GB) has a suggested price of $90.00 (MSRP U.S.). Although the microSDHC card format is identical in physical size to the original microSD card, microSDHC is compatible with microSDHC host devices and not backward compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices or readers.
16GB microSDHC Features/Benefits:
Compliant: with the SD Specification Version 2.00
Versatile: when combined with the adapter, can be used as full-size SDHC card
Compatible: with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers only
File Format: FAT 32
Reliable: lifetime warranty
16GB microSDHC Specifications:
Dimensions: 0.43" x 0.59" x 0.039" ( 11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
High-Speed Class Rating: Class 2: 2MB/sec. minimum sustained data transfer rate
Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Weight: 0.05 oz (1.4g)
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Product name : 16GB microSDHC card
SDHC /16GB: A$119 NZ$159
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Australian Distributors: Avnet Australia Pty Ltd, Ingram Micro, Simms International Pty Ltd., Synnex Australia PTY Ltd.
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ
* Approximate number of songs. Assumes 4MB file size. Results may vary based upon compression rates and devices used.
** Approximate number of standard JPEG pictures. Assumes 5MP file size. JPEG file sizes vary based upon camera model and default settings, as well as user-selected resolution and compression mode settings. Some host devices may not support all of the Flash storage capacities listed.
*** Approximate minutes of video clips. Assumes MPEG1 format, 1.5Mbps file size. Results may vary based upon video compression rate.
Please note: Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/anz
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available