Proofpoint, Inc., (NASDAQ: PFPT), a leading next-generation cybersecurity company, today announced the first solution that automatically identifies Instagram security threats, compliance violations and inappropriate content for removal. Proofpoint SocialPatrol performs advanced analysis of images, text and text embedded within images, enabling brands and compliance-aware organizations to monitor and eliminate posts and comments.
"Proofpoint SocialPatrol helped us control high levels of spam and inappropriate comments on our Instagram accounts," said Jeff Hagen, director of Global Customer Relations for General Mills. "Without the Proofpoint SocialPatrol technology, our only recourse would have been a costly expansion of our manual moderation or risk losing followers."
Proofpoint SocialPatrol scans all Instagram images, captions and comments on brand or corporate-owned accounts for pornographic, malicious or otherwise inappropriate content and notifies account owners. Once identified, social media marketers can easily remove inappropriate posts made by cybercriminals, spammers and rogue employees.
"Eighty five percent of top brands are using Instagram to connect with consumers—and with more than 400 million monthly active users, brands need a way to more safely engage," said Devin Redmond, vice president and general manager of Proofpoint Social Media Security and Compliance. "Proofpoint SocialPatrol for Instagram allows companies across all verticals that may have hesitated to invest in Instagram, to adopt it more rapidly and effectively with compliance and security built-in. We are the first company to adapt security to this new phase of visual-based social communication by providing automated security scanning for both images and text within Instagram."
Keyword and text-only security compliance solutions are blind to images on Instagram and generate too many false detections. Proofpoint SocialPatrol analyzes text and images and compares them to more than 100 algorithmic classifiers. This analysis allows brand managers to protect their brands by quickly identifying non-compliant, inappropriate and malicious posts and comments. Proofpoint SocialPatrol complements Proofpoint SocialDiscover which allows brands to find, track and audit branded Instagram accounts.
In addition to Instagram, the Proofpoint suite of social media solutions provides advanced tracking and protection for branded social media accounts across all major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube. Top brands use its patent-pending technology to find their social accounts, report fraudulent accounts, stop hackers from defacing pages, remove malicious or inappropriate content, prevent unauthorized publishing workflow, and address compliance requirements.
For additional information on Proofpoint social media solutions, please visit http://nexgate.com/products/overview/.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni