HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX OC Takeover (HOT) contest finals will take place on December 16-17, 2015 at HyperX headquarters in Fountain Valley, California. A total of $15,000 USD will be split amongst the top three winners. HOT is working with Overclocking-TV to stream the event and also host a giveaway including memory, SSDs, USBs, motherboards and keyboards. The live stream begins on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. PST and on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. PST. It can be viewed live here.
Overclockers from across the globe recently tried to qualify for the HOT World Finals by pushing HyperX memory frequency to the max and benchmark their systems with Intel XTU and Futuremark 3DMark11. Nine finalists along with the 2014 World Champion will descend upon HyperX Headquarters in the United States for the grand finale. They will overclock with the latest hardware provided by HyperX, Intel and MSI in hopes of taking home a piece of the huge $15,000 USD prize pool and the title of HOT 2015 World Champion.
"We are happy to expand our partnership with HyperX at their HOT competition this year," said Ted Hung, MSI Vice President of Motherboard Sales Division. "This cooperation is a result of showing the best performance and memory compatibility on our MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE motherboard. We also believe the partnership maximizes the potential of optimizing our products."
"HyperX is proud to support the overclocking community by once again staging the HOT competition featuring the world's best overclockers," said Annie Gerard, strategic marketing manager, HyperX. "Together with our great partners for this event, we have provided the top in-class components to achieve the highest frequencies and benchmarks."
HyperX OC Takeover contest began in October in conjunction with HWBOT, the premier information website for overclockers and performance enthusiasts. Finalists will compete with components supplied by HyperX and all its partners: Cooler Master, Intel, MSI and Thermal Grizzly.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A official: 16MP camera and low price
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Age of Empires IV announced
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 will debut with the Galaxy S9?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience